Help with speakers required please.

JDog

Why not? Because I didn't know you could. I spent a fortune on speaker cable. On the basis that the man I the shop said I needed to and why would they call it speaker cable if it was the same as mains cable. Shops love me.

It's ok. I am the proud owner of pure OF copper cable @ ££/m. My neighbour has mains cable. Can't tell the difference.

2.5m!!!!! (Hope you mean 2.5mm....) Yep === Brain problems

What are you mad! Rarely use anything larger than 1.5mm unless a big stack some subs run 4-6mm but all PAVA are 1.5mm FP and BGM are 1.5mm flex..... Seen some PA systems running bell wire or in one install the brown pair in a cat5. again you are right but I got some yellow site wire (110 v) cheap :yes::yes: - super flexible too

To be fair the sheathing on mains is stiffer as it is a higher insulation grade.

Speaker cable is nicer to run and looks better but 2 core flex works..... I have seen T+E used but that's not good.....

It's ok. I am the proud owner of pure OF copper cable @ ££/m. My neighbour has mains cable. Can't tell the difference.

25 years ago I wired speakers (quad system, remember them?) using 8 core phone cable.

It's still there, working OK, today.

At the time, the audio nerds at work told me it couldn't be done.......................

I think I've mentioned this before. I went into a 'hi-fi' shop a number of years ago to buy a TV. I came out with kit totalling about £15K including cables valued at over £1K. Because every time I bought something they said "ah well if you have got one of those you need one of these". Me = sucker.

I think I've mentioned this before. I went into a 'hi-fi' shop a number of years ago to buy a TV. I came out with kit totalling about £15K including cables valued at over £1K. Because every time I bought something they said "ah well if you have got one of those you need one of these". Me = sucker.

Sounds like the audio nerds I was working with.

One even suggested that the wires should be radiussed around bends so that the poor little electrons travelling down the gold plated, oxygen free, pure copper cables wouldn't have to turn at right angles!

Honestly!

We used to use the black and tan demolition cable, wonderful results and sort of free!

Being a Sapper that was sort of in abundance,used it for Hi fi and surround system, even did the speakers in a couple of cars,sure there is still a run of it behind my skirting boards :)

Sounds like the audio nerds I was working with.

One even suggested that the wires should be radiussed around bends so that the poor little electrons travelling down the gold plated, oxygen free, pure copper cables wouldn't have to turn at right angles!

Honestly!

I have worked with a couple of folk like that too. Would spend 4 figures on a turntable for vinyl that weighed a ton so it had a perfectly fluid rotation and even speed, yet completely ignored the fact that it relied on a tiny pin that had to run along a microscopic mountain range with the recording so compressed in order to suit the rudimentary recording medium.