battery help

roadkill

Guys went to charge me battery for a day on the pigeons tomorrow and its dead and wont hold charge, where is the best place to get these as this is about 6 years old

DSC_0065_zpsrwaxhq0y.jpg

Also now this leaves me in a dilemma tomorrow as i only have one battery to either power the flapper or the rotary, which one would you choose to use on osr?

Jamie

If you had a car battery and some spare cable, and you want to go tomorrow you could run both of you units from one battery. Hook the unit with the most power draw direct onto the battery and run a cable out to the other bit of kit. It depends on the current draw but if you have thin cable over a long length you will get a voltage drop and the item might be a bit slower but it would work and give you time to sort out something better and cheaper for another day. (You could double up the cables to help with the voltage drop) It might seem a bit Heath Robinson but it would get you operational rather than spending half of the day touring the country trying to sort something out. If not >> rotary >> But take both in case one isn't drawing or wont work. OR take the battery that you have got and run both off of that.

Edited by fortune