All done and dusted .

fenboy

The season finished for me today as I am working the final two days.

I finished up with a tide flight with wash wildfowler , with bright and still conditions we were always going to be up against it and that was how it turned out to be.

Three teal flashed by us before we had the guns out of the slips offering us some hope with the tide to come.

It was not to be though and nothing moved with the tide.

I did however end my season with a duck when wash wildfowler went for a wander and disturbed a pack of teal in a creek , fortunately they came over me , my first shot resulted in a miss fire( a result in being out in a lot of rain last night I expect ) however I managed to rack another cartridge in just in time to shoot a nice high teal a fine way to end the season I think !

Wash wildfowler was not so lucky but at least he has a couple of days left to have another go.

I have had a excellent season and really enjoyed it on the whole I have shot very well and perhaps most pleasing the dog has worked very well this season pulling off some very nice retrieves .

Finally a big thanks to my mate wash wildfowler who has taken me under his wing this season and showed me some nice new spots and taught me an awful lot , thanks mate I have really enjoyed our flights together .

Roll on next September !

I thought motty had died! we don't hear much from him nowadays :whistling:

I thought the same .

Well he won't come here because he thinks I don't know what I am doing compared to Motty and Muncher. I am sure that he is correct.

You know that is not true on both counts JDog .

I finished up with a tide flight with wash wildfowler , with bright and still conditions we were always going to be up against it and that was how it turned out to be.

Three teal flashed by us before we had the guns out of the slips offering us some hope with the tide to come.

I did however end my season with a duck when wash wildfowler went for a wander and disturbed a pack of teal in a creek , fortunately they came over me , my first shot resulted in a miss fire( a result in being out in a lot of rain last night I expect ) however I managed to rack another cartridge in just in time to shoot a nice high teal a fine way to end the season I think !

Wash wildfowler was not so lucky but at least he has a couple of days left to have another go.

I have had a excellent season and really enjoyed it on the whole I have shot very well and perhaps most pleasing the dog has worked very well this season pulling off some very nice retrieves .

Finally a big thanks to my mate wash wildfowler who has taken me under his wing this season and showed me some nice new spots and taught me an awful lot , thanks mate I have really enjoyed our flights together .

Roll on next September

Roll on next September !

I shall not say to much FB but it's been fun at times ..still the Drake pintail had eluded you and you missed the perfect chance of a tripple yesterday .. " if only you was looking the right way when they passed lol ...

Still something to look forward to Next season ...

I shall not say to much FB but it's been fun at times ..still the Drake pintail had eluded you and you missed the perfect chance of a tripple yesterday .. " if only you was looking the right way when they passed lol ...

Still something to look forward to Next season ...

Certainly has , I am going to try falling over less often next season though :lol:

I have had more than one chance at that drake pintail this season but every time I am looking the wrong way at the time , not to worry as you say something to look forward to getting next season hopefully , I did shoot a drake in eclipse so that sort of counts anyway !

That's us just back in from the shore this morning. Last trip of the year.

2nd flight with my 12 year old son.No ducks , but loved it and he is really enjoying it despite the driving rain and learning about the tides and the other wildlife and how to set out the decoys.

An oyster catcher nearly landed on us as it pitched in between us and the decoys.

Time to dust off the fly rods .

Been following your season with a lot of interest fenboy , if you have done well on what has been regarded as a poor to average season then when we get a so called good season you will be more than ready for it , we will now look forward to your pigeon reports and the progress with Drake in the coming months .

Been following your season with a lot of interest fenboy , if you have done well on what has been regarded as a poor to average season then when we get a so called good season you will be more than ready for it , we will now look forward to your pigeon reports and the progress with Drake in the coming months .

Thanks marsh man , quite a few of my trips have gone un-reported this season particularly those after the pinks , I did ok with the pinks but I could have had a lot more if I had not side tracked by the duck shooting , I had a very consistent season until January when things really went quiet .

Drake is pretty much finished he is now at the stage where he just needs to start gaining experience which hopefully he will gain through the spring / summer on the pigeon ( if any turn up !)

I will still have plenty to keep me occupied as I am having a friends pup to train up from early next week .

I too look forward to your reports over the spring / summer and it will be good to see how your young dog comes along.