Browning B525

throdgrain

I've just bought a B525, the first over/under I've had in over 10 years. I actually reallty like it, so it's all good. Only thing is, when I pull the trigger for the first shot, the trigger doesn't return to it's original position, it's a little bit "back". The second barrel fires fine, but it feels odd after my pumps and semi-autos that don't do this.

Could any other owners tell me, is this normal? Do your guns do this? I don't actually mind it, but I'd like to know.

are you sure on this. B25's are not.

My 1970 B25 A1 has an inertia block trigger system, not mechanical, which surprised me. I was told by my gunsmith that Browning in Liege was having money problems around this time and built some guns down to a price to save money. Who knows 46 years later!

My 1970 B25 A1 has an inertia block trigger system, not mechanical, which surprised me. I was told by my gunsmith that Browning in Liege was having money problems around this time and built some guns down to a price to save money. Who knows 46 years later!

Both firing mechanisms on my A1's (1974 and 1978) can be fired without hitting the end of the stock. Are you saying you must do this to fire the second barrel.

The B525 mechanism is certainly different to B25

B25, A1 1974

Edited by B25Modelman

Both firing mechanisms on my A1's (1974 and 1978) can be fired without hitting the end of the stock. Are you saying you must do this to fire the second barrel.

The B525 mechanism is certainly different to B25

B525.JPG

B25, A1 1974

B25_A1_1974.jpg

Yes, I physically have to emulate recoil. I'm familiar with both the Browning inertia and mechanical triggers as my B2 trap gun had the latter.