Why are CZ Centre fire rifles not popular?

zipdog

Mine's a bit like "Trigger's Broom". Bought as an ex-keeper's gun with a shot out barrel (revealed under borescoping after it was bought) 136.gif

Has a new Lothar Walther 26 inch match barrel (0.5moa tested with factory ammo) and I'm planning on changing the stock for a later 527 kevlar composite stock with Ali bedding block.

Action is crisp and smooth and shoots as good as new. Trigger is rubbish on this one though so a Timney trigger may be on the cards but first I'll have a go at lightly stoning the trigger on this one (if I mess up I can still fit the Timney). No plans to change this gun...that seems to be happening in stages!

Prefer my T3 to shoot, but the 527 is a great little rifle and will probably see me out.

Edited by Savhmr

Lets be fair. Tikka are owned by Beretta and have good if not great marketing, people buy off marketing more than they do engineering and gun shops stock what sells! If its not on the shelf it don't get sold so easy .

Now in CZ employed a great marketing company and sorted some very advantageous stocking plans for the dealers...........................

Thing is they already sell a stack of guns, many of which we don't even see in the UK

I've cz 452 and it's as accurate as anything, but since starting to shoot a Tikka I've realised just how much courser it is to cycle the bolt compared to the T3. But it still would put me off buying CZ again.

+1. As has been said by enigma. CZ are cracking accurate rifles, but not as slick as a Tikka.

A lot suffer from horrendously poor scope mounts too. They are generally good guns but a little dated in design. The new 557 is a huge step forwards but long action lets it down when chambered in short action calibres.

Didn't even know they made a new model.

The 557 sounds a nice update, fully adjustable trigger etc. Although they apparently have changed from the tradition Mauser type ? Have you tried one ? I've got a 550 and when you push the trigger forward to sets and is very light. Lovely for target work :)