Newbie from South Wales

Cjr2500

Hi all, just thought I'd say hello, been clay shooting for a couple of years but fancied having a go on pigeons for a while. Got a couple of permissions and picked up some decoys, made myself a whirly So gonna give it a go as soon as I get a free day. Just going to go out and use what I've learned from reading this forum and see how I get on.

Probably have a few questions after I've been.

Thanks evo, hopefully go for a few hours sat morning, set up before first light stay until around 1.00 then to the pub for the rugby. Il let u know how I get on. Not really expecting much as its my first time if I get a few shots il be happy.

Hi Steve, I'm from maesteg near bridgend.

Just got in from my first time out, me and my father in law went to one of our local permissions and set up early this morning. Within about 40 mins there were a few pigeons going over the top of us in ones and twos. We moved some of the decoys about and moved our 2 floaters and that made a difference, the birds came much closer and I managed to bag my first woody(missed quite a few mind) but all in all we both enjoyed our morning and are looking forward to going again. More effort next time with the hide, I think it let us down a bit

• 3 weeks later...