Where to sell pigeons, Norfolk

stuckinthemud

Morning All.

I started shooting pigeons at the end of last year, and although I've had plenty of fun, and enjoyed getting out in the country side I have only just started to shoot numbers that are difficult for me to handle on my own. Shot 53 over rape a couple of days ago.

On top of that I had been giving some to a pub that has now said they don't need any more as they have been taken off the menu for seasonal reasons.

I just contacted a game dealer who said they offer only 25p per frozen and 30p per fresh bird.

I really do want to make use of the birds (for moral reasons, and I hate waste) but at this price I wouldn't cover my costs. Especially as I would have to go and buy a chest freezer to store them in until I'd collected enough to make the journey to the game dealer worth it, the cost of which would take a long time to recuperate.

I live just west of Norwich, does anyone know of somewhere that offers a better price, or have any ideas?

Cheers

Stuckinthemud

Thirty pence is all you will get unless they have been shot with steel. Covering your costs is not normally an argument for shooting pigeons. It's all about the sport.

Sorry, I should have said that I wouldn't cover the cost of taking the effort to sell them.

I'm not worried about covering the cost of my hobbie.

Buy the freezer a small chest will hold 120 if you pack them carefuly. i wait till its full then wait till i get a good score 30 0r 40 and take frozen and fresh just another piece of pigeon shooting kit.i keep it in a large plastic container in the garden .