Leather Belts

Brixsmaid

Any recommendations for a leather belt supplier, mine are all starting to get a bit worn and tired - I want the thicker style, for work/casual trousers, say 35mm by 4mm (waist about 36/38" as far as I'm admitting :)) - seen some stupid designer prices online!

Edited by Brixsmaid

I don't have an answer for you but I was sick of buying "leather" belts in the uk to find the were coated in the minutest coating of leather.

In the end last time I went to the states I bought 3 wrangler belts and a couple of Tommy Hilfiger belts, these have been going for 5 years of daily use now and show no signs of wear.

Maybe you can get wrangler ones in the uk?

What sort of prices have you been seeing that's put you off?

Last 4mm thick 1 1/12" belt I made for a chap, he gave me £40 (didn't ask for any money, but he liked it!)

Generally £50 + excluding deliver and in the gun shops branded makes ++!

For example:

http://www.stylight.co.uk/search.action?gclid=CLXtrcr098sCFcSRGwodPWQA4Q&tag=10001&tag=10015&tag=10018&campaignId=10195&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=sem+gb&utm_campaign=10195&ef_id=U5XlqwAABW-VADhF:20160405162458:s

Edited by Brixsmaid

My belts range from £30 to £55 or so...depending on grade (not thickness) of leather.

All handsewn to traditional designs/styles

Have a few ex-sample belts & one that was seized back from a non-paying "customer".

Would need to check sizes of these....

What style buckle are you after?

My belts range from £30 to £55 or so...depending on grade (not thickness) of leather.

All handsewn to traditional designs/styles

Have a few ex-sample belts & one that was seized back from a non-paying "customer".

Would need to check sizes of these....

What style buckle are you after?

Hi Saddler

Any simple buckle that works!

Couple of pictures of the belt I'm presently wearing!

post-286-0-28285200-1459881098_thumb.jpgpost-286-0-88826600-1459881098_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the socks :lol:

Guess the 44" less 4" means I'm a tad bigger than 36/38" waist though :sad1:

Let me know if you've anything suitable??

Edited by Brixsmaid

$_12.JPG

I've had two Duke leather belts off eBay and they are still looking like new two years on after being used almost daily on my shooting/dog walking trousers and jeans.

Like you I didn't see the point in spending a load on a designer belt when their main use was for my fishing and shooting clothes and I just needed something tough and hard wearing.

Search eBay for "duke brown leather belt" and it will bring a load of them up - there are 2 styles, antique buckle and large buckle. 3.8cm wide.

For £7 to £10 including delivery you really can't go wrong.

They obviously aren't the best leather in the world but they look pretty good and are hard wearing and at that price you could just buy another if it drops to bits but so far both of mine are standing up to my expanding waist.

I've bought belts for £50 plus that haven't lasted a year before they start to wear through.

I have mine on a pair of Harkila Pro Hunter trousers and you'd never know they were cheap as chips!

Chris.

Edited by ChrisPCarter

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=4657dd907816f77d8b5e5dab84254af5&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=334002&p=3037385&md5check=39036e2ee75b16321875271a6e6c542d&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,AYYV-GBa_RY');//]]></script> $_12.JPG&&0

I've had two Duke leather belts off eBay and they are still looking like new two years on after being used almost daily on my shooting/dog walking trousers and jeans.

Like you I didn't see the point in spending a load on a designer belt when their main use was for my fishing and shooting clothes and I just needed something tough and hard wearing.

Search eBay for "duke brown leather belt" and it will bring a load of them up - there are 2 styles, antique buckle and large buckle. 3.8cm wide.

For £7 to £10 including delivery you really can't go wrong.

They obviously aren't the best leather in the world but they look pretty good and are hard wearing and at that price you could just buy another if it drops to bits but so far both of mine are standing up to my expanding waist.

I've bought belts for £50 plus that haven't lasted a year before they start to wear through.

I have mine on a pair of Harkila Pro Hunter trousers and you'd never know they were cheap as chips!

Chris.

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, I'll have a look.

Saddler is considering what he can do for me, so a couple of cheapies will save me spoiling a nice one if Saddler has something suitable :good: