Question about shotgun usage

monkeyjaimz

Now then fellas, just a quick question,

my mum told me last night night that her neighbour has been shooting rabbits in his garden with a shotgun. Obviously this is kinda loud and disruptive. Is he within his legal rights to do this? not being a sgc or fac shooter myself I wouldnt know, but im sure you knowledgable gentleman can set me straight.

Cheers ???

p.s im told its a big garden of an acre or so

I would be inclined to say as long as his garden is suitable then I don't think there is any specific legislation like with a FAC where the ground needs to be cleared first. Although I imagine he could be deemed to be breaching the peace or another similar piece of legislation.

Providing:

None of the pellets cross over his boundry,

Where do you get that from then ?

??? Everyone seems to mention this with regards to air rifles, sg's, rfs and cf's but just wondered has anyone actually got the relevant piece of legislation? Read the firearms act regarding air rifle's and only was an offensive if under the age of 17 and shooting with supervision of someone 21+

I would be inclined to say as long as his garden is suitable then I don't think there is any specific legislation like with a FAC where the ground needs to be cleared first. Although I imagine he could be deemed to be breaching the peace or another similar piece of legislation.

Hi Dan, if you have an open ticket the ground is ok to shoot over if you deem it safe.

??? D2D

Hi Dan, if you have an open ticket the ground is ok to shoot over if you deem it safe.

??? D2D

Remembered that afterwards, but couldnt be bothered to edit ???