First Pigeon Recipe Recommendations

ruraltownie

I stick mine in a bag with olive oil, herbs, garlic and a bit of balsamic vinegar and leave in the fridge over night. Pan fry until rare then slice thinly and bung them in a salad with some bacon cubes and big crunchy croutons

Edited by kennett

As said, season then fry in a hot pan for 2 mins max each side.

It goes very well with bacon so a really good meal is a warm pigeon and bacon Caesar salad:

Get a load of crispy salad, sprinkle with parmesan flakes (a potato peeler works well) and mix with ceasar dressing. Fry steaky bacon until crispy, remove from pan then fry pigeon breasts in the remaining bacon fat, remove and keep warm under foil. Fry cubes of stale/crusty bread in the pan to make croutons and sprinkle over salad. Thinly slice pigeon breast and put on top, add bacon strips and serve warm. Delicious :good:

I like them as mini burgers. Greta's mango chutney (medium) is my condiment of choice. 1/3 American mustard, 2/3 ketchup is my second choice. Four to five minutes frying in total.

lizzieeatslondon.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/wood-pigeon-breast-with-sherry-onion.html

This is my favourite recipe. Pomegranate syrup can be got in Waitrose and is worth the extra trip in this dish.