Left handed using right handed gun

Anyone other leftys using right handed guns? I'm new to shotgun shooting and never fired a left handed shotgun.

Never had any bother with right handed rifles over the years but from what iv read gun.fit with shotguns it alot more important?

Any recommended products to convert a right handed gun to be more comfortable, cheek pads etc?

I'm a leftie. I've got 3 shotguns. Two are right-handed (S/S 20 bore, 410), and a leftie O/U 12 bore. The only problem I ever find is with the 20 bore where the front trigger is a bit sharp-edged when I fire the back trigger, due to the trigger shape and me using it 'wrong'-handed.

All 3 of my rifles (22LR b/a, 223 and 308) are standard right-handed guns.

I actually think for rifles lefties are at an advantage with a right-handed bolt. We can cycle the bolt (especially off sticks, bipod) without having to take the gun out of the shoulder, leading to faster follow-up shots.

They manage by adaptation. I am lucky enough to be ambidextrous with a slight right hand dominance and can write with my left hand or with my right hand as well as do many other things with either. Left handed people live in what is a right hand dominated world but as they are more creative and adaptable they overcome these difficulties better. Try writing or doing something with your left hand - I bet you give up. A left hander will more likely push themselves to learn.

I tend to shoot left handed because of a dominant eye but can quickly move the gun to a right handed position if the shot demands that through obstructions etc.

There is nothing sinister about any of this by the way.

I'm using a right hand cast shotgun at the moment but will seek out ambi stocks for preference. My rifles tend to be right hand bolts but I am looking at one with a left hand bolt to add to my collection

Edited by Katzenjammer

As said : we adapt.

Sports-wise, I play different sports in different ways. Badminton I play left-handed (I play county league badminton). Golf I play right-handed.

Last year I was at a stag do and as part of it we went clay shooting. Because I shoot, they decided I should shoot right-handed, to make it more equal.

I hit 17 out of 25, though I'll admit they were dollied up on the training stand.

Thanks for the reply guys, think i'l stick with the standard right handed gun. At least until I progress and look to upgrade. I can't see it being much of a problem to be honest, especially at this level.

I'm a lefty and I shoot a Franchi Harrier that has a straight stock and fits me really well. Not all shotguns are necessarily cast left or right handed.

My semi-auto is definitely left-handed though!