Recommend me a gunsmith

Mutiny

I'm looking for someone that can cut my shotgun barrel down to 19.5 inches, thread it for a choke and weld a muzzle brake on to bring it back up to 24"

Teague can choke it, but can't weld the brake on so this makes them a no go, any recommendations on someone to do the work? In the north east would be useful but it's not a deal breaker

I'm looking for someone that can cut my shotgun barrel down to 19.5 inches, thread it for a choke and weld a muzzle brake on to bring it back up to 24"

Teague can choke it, but can't weld the brake on so this makes them a no go, any recommendations on someone to do the work? In the north east would be useful but it's not a deal breaker

Cut it to 24 and solder on a poly choke. To get what you want doing could be tough.

Could do it the bodge it and scarper method cut it to 24 drill your own ports in the barrel and run three slit full length plaswads in it, with the ports shreading the wads there wont be a lot of difference from a full choke.

Would you need a section 5 rated gunsmith as 1st cut would make it as such? refitted muzzle brake would need to be proofed I guess, you may run into problems with the proof-house. Only mention because back in the day I had a Franchi SPAS 12 in a similar configuration, bought in good faith as a 24" shotgun, 24 and 1/8 when the cutts compensator was wound in to full, but when taken apart the ends of the choke "leaves" were only 22" from the breech face. Eventually got rid to a section 5 dealer as was not worth the hassle of potential problems. Was a dreadful 'practical shotgun' too

David Bowtech down from Bradford & stalker in Birtly, cut my cz down to 14" .After mounting the scope it was groping 5mm & 55mtrs. £65.00. Dont know about cutting down a sg though but he is highly recomended

Edited by Davyo

If done in situ the gunsmith would need Section 5 (ab) authority and I'd imagine there are less than a handful in the country outside the military and police. Removing the barrel would be the way forward. Failing that getting it done abroad. I know of 3 people who have had the exact modification you're looking for done to the same gun while they were shooting a PSG comp in Hungary.

Edited by Breastman