My iPhone is eating my data

johnny

My iPhone 5 has started to eat my data up few months ago I used 1/2meg in four days but didn't use it a lot. The last few months I've ran out by the end of the month.

Just upgraded to 3gig and had a text to say 80% gone, I only use it for a bit of surfing no videos or downloading music

Anyone got any clues as to where it's going

Cheers john

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help, I tried what was suggested and upgraded to 3gig of data but still it runs out.

Start of this months quota I zeroed my usage to see what was happening. And got the texted the other day that I had used 80% again, checked my usage and it says data used 400mb. So phoned o2 and they said I have used nearly 3gig.

Am I missing something here??

Cheers John

I had exactly the same thing. Called EE because I had received a text telling me I'd run out of data halfway through the month (which never happens normally) They looked into it and told me I still had 99% of my allowance left. Apparently an issue with my phone was tricking EE into thinking I'd used my allowance so I was getting texts tellinn me I'd ran out. A quick conversation with their technical helpline and a remote reset performed by them soon sorted it.

Edited by nobber