WIlliam powell Persius

Bantam boy

Just a quick heads up,

I was looking at these guns which are basically a Rizzini B over and under at the game fair last year, at the time they being sold at around £2000, on William powells web site yesterday they were selling for just over fifteen hundred pounds each,must make them a bargain I am sorely tempted.

Andy

Just a quick heads up,

I was looking at these guns which are basically a Rizzini B over and under at the game fair last year, at the time they being sold at around £2000, on William powells web site yesterday they were selling for just over fifteen hundred pounds each,must make them a bargain I am sorely tempted.

Andy

would you pay that price if it did not say 'William Powell' on it???

Hi,

I was looking at it from a slightly different angle,I know they are re badged Rizzini over and under shot guns, but I fancied something a little different from the hordes of silver pigeons etc, this purchase will be my last gun I won't sell it,depreciation therefore is not an issue.

Andy

Define " better" Mr tightchoke?

The William Powell has got " better" wood than any silver pigeon or Browning at a similar price, the metal work is at least equal to that of a Beretta or Browning of a similar price,

Interested to hear how you define "better"

Andy

I have an old Baikal up for grabs, £100 as it is or I can stamp Holland & Holland on it and it's yours for a grand. "Better" on a gun would mainly refer to the actual quality and grade of the metal used-for that kind of money you would pick up a nice 325 I would have thought.

Edited by bruno22rf

Define " better" Mr tightchoke?

The William Powell has got " better" wood than any silver pigeon or Browning at a similar price, the metal work is at least equal to that of a Beretta or Browning of a similar price,

Interested to hear how you define "better"

Andy

Better in the sense of OLDER and BETTER made!

If you like them and can afford one buy it , it matters not what anyone else thinks.

It's not going to be any better in terms of reliability than Browning / Beretta / Miroku and will certainly lose more value if you do decide to sell , but I can understand when you say you want something a little different to the norm.

With respect,that is complete rubbish Mr tightchoke,

An older secondhand Berretta or Browning, could have been subjected to all manner of ill use,dropped or damaged and thousands of cartridges put through it,

The William Powell is brand new and made on state of the art cnc machinery,

Andy

When you post on an open Forum you must expect good and bad replies...and of course some sarcastic...what is the C.C.P.S. anyway :rolleyes:

IMHO I think the gun looks nice and considering its price most probably very good value for money and as you say, different.

Otherwise WP would NOT put their name on the gun.

All this from a Browning lover.

Edited by B25Modelman

CNC does not stand for quality - all a CNC does is get a tool to the component faster than a manually operated machine and has the ability to follow complex curves/angles without stopping/swapping the tool - the end quality still relies on rigorous inspection procedures that depend on the integrity of the quality control in place. The "best" guns are still made and fitted by hand.

You lot on here are blinked by browning and beretta no other gun is good enough.what a load of snobs.

Please exclude me from this unfounded statement

CNC does not stand for quality - all a CNC does is get a tool to the component faster than a manually operated machine and has the ability to follow complex curves/angles without stopping/swapping the tool - the end quality still relies on rigorous inspection procedures that depend on the integrity of the quality control in place. The "best" guns are still made and fitted by hand.

correct, from CNC machined parts which leave very little hand finishing.

You lot on here are blinked by browning and beretta no other gun is good enough.what a load of snobs.

A bit of a rash statement .

I would always recommend Browning / Beretta / Miroku to anyone who asks "what gun should I buy " not because I am a snob but because I have a bit of common sense.

They offer the best guns at their price point , hold their value and are fairly easy to obtain .

In this thread the OP has not asked for a recommendation so I don't really understand why some are going down that route.

With respect,that is complete rubbish Mr tightchoke,

An older secondhand Berretta or Browning, could have been subjected to all manner of ill use,dropped or damaged and thousands of cartridges put through it,

The William Powell is brand new and made on state of the art cnc machinery,

Andy

Why post a question on an open forum if you not prepared to consider the advice you are offered?

Go and look and compare, I bought a cracking old Beretta three weeks ago, listened to a few people who guided me and went and handled the gun, bought another set of barrels for it and hey presto, my son has a competition gun that he will never wear out!

I have many makes of gun in the cabinets and enjoy shooting them all.

Bruno22rf,

I know exactly what c.n.c means my friend,I was a cnc programmer for many years,and before that I served my apprenticeship on manual machines,Bridgeport etc,I totally agree with you, the best guns are hand finished,but you ain't going to be getting one for fifteen hundred quid mate!

Andy

Just looked at beretta being made the are made on a cnc machine same as all the other makes then hand finshed just the same

as are most English, Spanish, Italian, Belgian, Japanese, French, American guns.

Oppps I should say British....

Life can be difficult admiring something that is not main stream...in an open forum.

You must remember G00 = rapid feed, G01 = feed, G02/03 = arcs, F1000 = 1000mm/m etc etc. Yes...I too was a CNC programmer and machinist.

Ahhhh my beloved Makino,

get the above wrong and she could snap 25mm cutters like snapping a match stick.

Edited by B25Modelman