Just sold a gun

jay404

Hi

On my license I have the gun details that I have just sold. do I have to draw a line through the guns details with a sold date . or just leave as it is.

All paper work has been sent off by both parties just didn't want to cross it out if it wasn't needed

Many thanks

An entry on a certificate is an authority to be in possession of, not a statement of ownership. As such, it does not need to be qualified on your license as the guns possessive whereabouts is recorded on the National Register as soon as reporting of the sale completes, so no action beyond completing a sale entry on the buyers certificate and reporting is needed by the seller

I am slightly baffled here. Every-one's SG Sec 2 license has the procedure for a sale / purchase clearly written in the notes. Do EXACTLY what it says and no criticism can be made. Where does it say " cross through a sale".

Its amazingly simple - do what it says on the license and you have complied. Do anything else and risk, at worst, gun seizure, revocation, prosecution, fine or custodial sentence.

Your certificate is Crown Property, and to tamper with it a criminal offence. It says the seller must complete the buyers table and date and sign it - then both parties must report the sale / purchase. Nothing else.

Why are people tying to invent procedure that is neither specified nor needed?