Project next week

la bala

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have decided to bite the the bullet and buy a new forge blower. It will be the most expensive bit, but i dont fancy bodging it up with something that dont look like it belongs on it. Thanks for some good input boys.

our imput aims to please sir............

Great job La Bala. The first forge I made was pretty much identical to yours. The air source was a cylinder vacuum with a dimmer switch to control the airflow. I can't tell How many thousands of horseshoes I made with it. I also made a small portable version using, as the lads said earlier, car heater fan. The mini one was the fan we all sourced for that then.

Good luck with the project and happy forging!!!

Atb

T33

Have decided to bite the the bullet and buy a new forge blower. It will be the most expensive bit, but i dont fancy bodging it up with something that dont look like it belongs on it. Thanks for some good input boys.

Ordered blower today, 2-3 weeks delivery, think it must be coming from outer mongolia :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on today, had orders to help with the gardening :unhappy: . Managed to pull four courses of bricks off columb when clearing ivy, I bl@@d@ hate gardening :lol: . To make the time go quicker my mind turned to the forge, is there anything more it will need, arrr a slice, the little shovel for tending the fire. Couldnt wait to get that garden sorted and back in the workshop or my santuary i call it. Had a bit of 2.5 sheet, ideal for making a slice, away we go, mark out, score, fold and weld. Thats the bottom bit, just need to put a flat on the bottom of some 8mm round bar and then form the eye for the handle, Hang on a minute i need that bar at orange heat to form the eye, what i need is a working forge :lol::lol::lol:

post-52836-0-75228700-1477334658_thumb.jpg

post-52836-0-31473400-1477334668_thumb.jpg

Well decided to take the blower to a company that rewires electric motors. They cut the tails back nice and close to the motor, fitted a connection box, wired it up with plug and 2 metre live cable and plug 15 quid, well happy with that. I feel a lot happier its been done by a professional, i didnt want to fry a 200 quid blower. Tomorrow i just need to make a bracket to hold the blower in place then its good to go, well i do need 2 bags of coke breeze to feed it :lol: . In the next couple of days i hope to fire it up, so as to speak, maybe forge something that is in every day use, with a few poor quality pics as usual. I will be using only a ball pein hammer as all my tools including my anvil were sold a few years ago. Thanks for looking in, i hope a few found it of some interest.

post-52836-0-45808600-1477506926_thumb.jpg