12 gauge 3.5inch gold chedd hulls

Hi guys recently got some of the pre primed 3.5inch gold cheddite hulls from clay and game and wonderd what other peoples thoughts are on them compared to the other colours they do?

Only reason for asking is they dont seem as good a quality as the others i have had and they dont seem to crimp as good either.

Any thoughts or anyone had/thought similar to what i have found?

Regards hatsan

one was 12 bore the other 20 bore? lol!

😂😂

Hatsanmad

Some was thinner and buckled very easy.

12ga 3" Blue I've found a lot better than the Gold

20ga 3" clear again far better than the current yellow one's.

When i wanted a different colour to load some HW13 they let me have some Green 3.5 Hull's i cut them down to 3" they was very good

Edited by 6.5x55SE

Guest cookoff013

Thats pretty much the same findings as me then. The plastic seems a poor quality and again buckled and bulged really easy. Also found i only get one use out of them aswell

most shells are getting like this, less dense plastic means more shells per raw kg of polymer....

some shells only just survive a loading, let alone a firing !

Hi guys recently got some of the pre primed 3.5inch gold cheddite hulls from clay and game and wonderd what other peoples thoughts are on them compared to the other colours they do?

Only reason for asking is they dont seem as good a quality as the others i have had and they dont seem to crimp as good either.

Any thoughts or anyone had/thought similar to what i have found?

Regards hatsan

There is only a one word answer to this question.

they seem to be to thin only get one firing out of them really

The red Rio ones are a good hull i have some of them on the 3rd firing now

Edited by pestcontrol1

• 3 months later...

There is only a one word answer to this question.

they seem to be to thin only get one firing out of them really

The red Rio ones are a good hull i have some of them on the 3rd firing now

You must be reloading too hot then, as I get over 4 reloads out of the 3" gold cheddite cases @ 1600fps and have taken over 70 geese with these. Brilliant cases when used with a gaep finisher.

You must be reloading too hot then, as I get over 4 reloads out of the 3" gold cheddite cases @ 1600fps and have taken over 70 geese with these. Brilliant cases when used with a gaep finisher.

Iv not used the 3" just the 3-1/2" there rubbish no where near been a hot load @ 1500 for a 39gm load it was the same load that i have been using for 5 years until i ran out of the powder any other hull is fine but the gold ones

I've used the 3" Gold cases and definitely not as hot as your load and they are rubbish compared to other Cheddite colours. Also what's 70 geese got to do with Gold cheddite case's !!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I used loads of the 3" ones and I can never find them once fired, blend into the marsh mud really well

Lol, That's the only problem I have, is the gold colour. I loose at least one from every 3 shots I fire on land from my auto. If I'm shooting from the boat, they all end up floating down the river, I then end up trying to collect them as they wash up against the reeds. They then blend in with the reeds, so it's a no win situation

I've used the 3" Gold cases and definitely not as hot as your load and they are rubbish compared to other Cheddite colours. Also what's 70 geese got to do with Gold cheddite case's !!!!!

Only stating that I've shot many geese from these shells and some of these cases have been reloaded many times. I only load my goose loads with the gold cheddites and I only started the season with 30 new cases. My empty shells get thrown into mud and water on every outing, so I cannot fault them for performance when reloaded. If I was to be picky, then the gold colour would be my only issue. What is one mans trash is another's treasure. I hope this clears up your confusion.