Pick your fights-Israel vs ISIS

kyska

Unfortunately Israel won't be able to take Isis on because these scum live within people whom they essentially take as hostage hence why it took so long for the Russia/Iran/Syria coalition to drive the heart consumers out of Aleppo, albeit a different kind of terror merchants.

They may well use it as an excuse to hit a target or three here and there but any prolonged campaign will quickly backfire on them because they'll be seen as aggressors. Daesh needs to be starved of funds and oxygen of publicity, Saudi and lets be honest murica could help with the first requirement and the latter needs worldwide shutdown on the news. Meanwhile kill all the ******** every opportunity you get by fair means and foul and keep it quiet. I fear it won't happen though because the US thrives on manufactured conflict, YMMV.

I would think ISIS won't claim responsibility for the killing of their soldiers.

This will escalate now, the Israelis don't hold back....

I work with a lot of Israelis, they aren't a country I'd seek to bring off the sidelines.

You won't hear about it, but I'm sure some retaliatory strikes are already in the pipeline.

As an aside; amazing country to visit. Well worth it for anyone.

Edited by iano

From my understanding of geopolitics, Israel used the US for years to make random wars on all their persky neighbors so they wouldn't have to do any full scale fighting. They can otherwise get away with murder on a smaller scale without any issue or repercussions whatsoever.

The US has vetoes *every single* UN resolution that was condemning israel until a couple of weeks ago; *that* I thought was major news, and barely anyone noticed. I think Obama didn't terribly appreciate the arrangement and decided to make a point before leaving office.

From my understanding of geopolitics, Israel used the US for years to make random wars on all their persky neighbors so they wouldn't have to do any full scale fighting. They can otherwise get away with murder on a smaller scale without any issue or repercussions whatsoever.

The US has vetoes *every single* UN resolution that was condemning israel until a couple of weeks ago; *that* I thought was major news, and barely anyone noticed. I think Obama didn't terribly appreciate the arrangement and decided to make a point before leaving office.

Broadly correct on everything but as regards that latest resolution and Obama :| trust me nothing happens inside the US political framework without it having the seal of approval from Israel, what many don't realise is that all American politicians are required to swear an oath of allegiance to BOTH nations :) so the two are not exclusive entities.

In other words the "big news" veto is just an (Israeli) inside job designed to whip up sympathy at a rather critical time, they'll come out smelling of roses soon enough through even more free money for their infrastructure and army via the US people and continue their illegal settlement expansions.

Edited by Hamster

Like everywhere I am sure some are as rough as a badgers ***.

They really aren't. Some are cracking, but the most are quite dumpy.

Now the sights you see when you go out for a night in Tel Aviv...

Edited by iano