Night vision

Lampwick

spotter will pick up eye shine from fox about 400 yards but 200 for safe id and add on with my 16 mag scope will id fox as far as my 204 will shoot it

colin

Spot on mate and cost is brilliant.

Personally I hate the digital thing he bought, we go out '2 up' all the time and shoot from an adapted Vitara so with nv the driver / lamp man never sees the shot = redundant.

spotter will pick up eye shine from fox about 400 yards but 200 for safe id and add on with my 16 mag scope will id fox as far as my 204 will shoot it

colin

Colin, advice please.

I too have own made spotter and add on but every time I crank them up for distance my face lights up like a Xmas tree from screen glare. How do you overcome this problem?

Thanks. Bob.

Colin, advice please.

I too have own made spotter and add on but every time I crank them up for distance my face lights up like a Xmas tree from screen glare. How do you overcome this problem?

Thanks. Bob.

I turn mine down to 20% brightness at night. When I started doing that to one's for the customer I was selling them to (cos so many of us blokes don't read the buff about them) one bloke complained it was a bit too dark for daylight. He saw the funny side after I explained it to him. :lol:

It's easy to assume the quarry is looking at your face but I rather think they are looking at the IR glow - otherwise why would they often be looking at near eye rigs too? :)

Edited by Dave-G

So it's a one man show you don't need another man in the yoke?

We drive all our permissions have too much to walk over and have to drive to get there anyway!

Most have tracks so we can cover the whole farm from the truck which has been specially adapted for the job.

Personally I havent shot from a better set up vehicle when foxing.

We drive all our permissions have too much to walk over and have to drive to get there anyway!

Most have tracks so we can cover the whole farm from the truck which has been specially adapted for the job.

Personally I havent shot from a better set up vehicle when foxing.

Tidy set up lad what way is she set up?

Colin, advice please.

Thanks. Bob.

i use red theatre gel £1 from evil bay so no glare also when you turn off your not blinded for a min after like with normal screen,

Care to share the build spec Colin lad? I fancy having a go but have got do confused with all the info out there!!

e700 camera from sure24 dsa adaptor from sure24 car reversing screen from evil bay project box from maplins 12v battery from the bay plus connectors and switch's from maplins, got most my idea's from uknv off fb also some helpful people off here DaveG for one

colin

Tidy set up lad what way is she set up?

We have removed one back seat and cut a hole throught the roof. Its lined out and has an outer hatch which swings back.

Built a flat platform off the roof rails using 'plastic ply / stokboard' this is the full length of the truck and has fold out side for extra width when on permissions.

Just in front of the hatch is a gun box which takes the 243 or 223.

lamper / driver spots a fox the shooter slides open the inner hatch stands up takes gun from box drops the legs and gets ready for the shot.

Roof platform allows the rifle to be placed anywhere and gives a 360 degree flat surface.

Like I say its the dogs danglies for shooting off

Care to share the build spec Colin lad? I fancy having a go but have got do confused with all the info out there!!

Further down forum topics is the "craft and DIY" section. Scroll through it to find Easy Night Vision. There are 12 pages of advice and guidance, photo's, wiring diags and parts lists from PW colleagues. It was from there that I took the plunge with great success. Good luck.

Further down forum topics is the "craft and DIY" section. Scroll through it to find Easy Night Vision. There are 12 pages of advice and guidance, photo's, wiring diags and parts lists from PW colleagues. It was from there that I took the plunge with great success. Good luck.

Excellent cheers

i use red theatre gel £1 from evil bay so no glare also when you turn off your not blinded for a min after like with normal screen,

e700 camera from sure24 dsa adaptor from sure24 car reversing screen from evil bay project box from maplins 12v battery from the bay plus connectors and switch's from maplins, got most my idea's from uknv off fb also some helpful people off here DaveG for one

colin

Cheers, I think I'm going yo take the plunge!