Armsan 612

Brodie

Recently purchased a new Armsan.

Shop advised putting a couple of boxes of heavy load through it which I did - 32gm 6.

Cycled these without fault but having a few jams with clay loads - been using 28gm F Blacks as these were the only 70mm length I have.

I'm not in a position to shoot except clays for the near future so am asking what cartridges would you be feeding it. I was thinking maybe Hull Superfasts but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.

I dont have a 612, but do have a Sarasqueta 6EC that I take for a round of clays every so often. I use the F Black 28g 8.5's as theyre smooth to shoot through the sxs with no rubber butt pad. The first time I took it I forgot the cartridges and had to buy some English Sporter from the shoot...wont be doing that again in a hurry, I can still feel the pain now. So going by that rationale, I would expect the English Sporter to cylce better than the F Blacks-but then again both of these cartridges cycle my Beretta Teknys with no problems at all?

Bye the way I have never used oil on the gun either I have only ever used GT85 to clean and lube it with. I have removed the trigger group soaked it and the inside of the receiver with GT85 blown it out with an air line and re lubed it on 5 or 6 occasions apart from that the barrel, gas ports piston and mag tube etc have been cleaned and re lubed again with GT85 after every outing. There is no significant wear and the mechanism is as slick as they get.

Thanks for all the replies; much appreciated.

I have had no problem with the 32gm 6s I put through it but am limited to 28gm loads shooting clays.

Krugerandsmith - have you been using Superfast fibre or plastic as JRL has experienced problems with the plastic.

I clean and lube the gun using a dry PTFE spray and find it wipes clean easily.

Has anyone needed to change the "O" ring that sits in a machined groove in the gas cylinder front end?

Thanks again for your replies.

Thanks for all the replies; much appreciated.

I have had no problem with the 32gm 6s I put through it but am limited to 28gm loads shooting clays.

Krugerandsmith - have you been using Superfast fibre or plastic as JRL has experienced problems with the plastic.

I clean and lube the gun using a dry PTFE spray and find it wipes clean easily.

Has anyone needed to change the "O" ring that sits in a machined groove in the gas cylinder front end?

Thanks again for your replies.

I have used pretty well all makes of cartridges fibre and plastic, fast loads and slower loads. I use a thin coat of motorcycle engine oil to lubricate the gun.