Ceasar Geurini. Apex Sporter

Alfieri

I got to compare my own Invictus 5 (V) to an Apex Sporter this week-end; it is indeed a lovely gun, the Invictus has a slightly wider action, but apart from that and the details on the engraving, it's pretty much the same, and comes to the shoulder beautifully. The Apex has different 'style' of engraving, more contrasty. It also has a nicer finish at the bottom of the hand grip. Quite striking gun really.

But then again it seems that if a SG fits you, they all will! I played with silver pigeon69's game Guerini and it's fantastic as well...

Edited by buze

The only Guerinis I would consider are the ones with the replaceable jointing parts like the Invictus Accent. How much will you shoot the gun is a factor, if very little wear won't be a problem.

Assuming that's a veiled suggestion that pre Invictus CGs are more prone to wear than other mid range guns, my response is that's exactly how I used to feel about them.

Now that I own one and know people with very high mileage examples I'm now quite certain that the average clay shooter, including active competition shooters, won't wear one out in their lifetime - and that's good enough for me.

Westley the early ones had bad wear problems on American sites where people had shot them out and a couple of fellas that I know of bought them New over here had wear issues that were sorted under warranty. For me if they make them with bits that can be changed easily when worn that's the one I'd go for. Saying that I've never worn or shot out a gun, never have them long enough.

Edited by figgy