Eric Brooks trigger kit for cz452

pin

Chaps, can't get hold of these for love nor money, it seems Mr Brooks is having trouble meeting demand. Rimrifremagic don't have them, can't get any more and can't contact Mr Brooks.

In fact they tell me they have e-mailed him recently asking if he wants paying for the last 50 kits, and still have not had a response :good:

So, given these kits come with several tubes/springs, has anyone got a partial kit they would be willing to part with - for the correct number of drinking tokens, obviously?

Ideally I'd like the lighter ones, but beggars can't be choosers.

You could have a look at this site.

I have been buying Spring kits from them and although a little slow in some aspects of the deals have been 101% OK overall. They also do various items for the 10/22

I bought both Winchester and Remington spring sets and they were all nicely made but could have just been a tad better at the ends. A small touch on the grinder finished them off and whatever else the coils were evenly spaced and the spring compressed evenly which is something the home spun ones don't always do.

I have tried the Remington and it will hold a safe crisp trigger at 1.7 lbs upwards which is about .5 of a pound lighter than I usually take the factory trigger as to get below 2 lbs you tend to leave the sear on a knife edge which isn't practical for field use.

They are easy to fit but getting the trigger back on to the action is always a problem for me as I have fairly large hands and fat fingers that are not conducive to fitting tiny pins whist holding the bolt release spring in situ. (The wife comes in very useful on occasions such as these).

They do make a noticeable difference and for the price well worth not trying to make your own.

The Winchesters were of course very easy to fit and equally effective - reducing the presets by just over 1/2 a pound to around 2 lbs. I didn't try to go lower as my trigger sears are honed and set to the way I like them and altering would take time and effort to reset.

All four triggers (two of each) held a pretty consistent pull weight although the variation with one of the Remingtons was inevitable greater than the others as I had not yet honed the sear. Variation mean as given by the guage on the best was less than .5 oz and the worst Remington about 2 oz all over 10 tests.

If you or anyone else is interested drop a line to Don at ddbarnes64@verizon.net

or go via their site on http://barnesgunparts.com/

They sent my bits as requested in a USPS international priority mail envelope and it arrived in a week with no additional charges at this end.

I dont want to hijack this but was about to post a similar thread. Pin if you find yourself inundated with offers would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction, or invite people to PM me? I too would like the lighter springs if possible, and am quite happy to pay the going rate. Only if this does not inconvienence anyone, please let me know if it does and I will delete this post.

Many thanks

Tuck

As it happens I have been wondering how to deal with this situation - best done out here so people can see I was going to do the right thing.

AndyCM came in with his kind offer, then browning with his.

I wasn't expecting a reply, never mind two very kind offers. I had replied to AndyCM before browning posted exactly what I was looking for.

Browning has very kindly agreed to post to me for nothing! This forum rocks!

I have been sitting here a while unsure of how to accept brownings offer, but not seem ungrateful in declining Andy's - we have a solution though, I think!

AndyCM - if the offer is still there, perhaps you could post to tuck1? I will certainly pass on all the parts I don't use from brownings offer to you tuk mate, so you can make use of them.

I love this place :good:

^ Likewise I wanted to post on the open forum, at risk of upsetting you, to enable people to contact me direct if necessary.

Thank you.

When you have worked out what you need and where to get it, I would be most happy to take the remainder and pay accordingly, Paypal if necessary. I look forward to hearing from someone.

Again thanks

Tuck

Since browing doesn't want paying neither will I, PM me your address and I will post everything I don't use.

I didn't discuss anything with Andy about payment, but if he sends to me I will pay what he wants for them and still pass them on - I still get what I was after :good:

I ordered mine two weeks ago and got mail yesterday apologising for delay in shipping, maybe there was a problem his end and he is playing catch up, my mate had one delivered three weeks ago no problem, I simply ordered off the site and payed by paypal. Worth a go, at least if you get the full kit you can decide exactly which trigger weight you want.

Steve B

Ive been hunting high and low for a pair of trigger kits for a .22 and an hmr with no luck.

Can anyone point me to where I can get the kits.

Brooks kit are good but comments on a lot of sites talk about stock levels and communication problems.

someone must be able to make them up :good:

WELL ALL I CAN SAY IS CZ452.COM ARE SENDING THESE KITS OUT, I RECEIVED COMMS FROM THEM AND MY MATES WAS ON HIS DOORMAT 8 DAYS AFTER ORDER, AND THEY ARE 8 QUID DELIVERED, SURELY ITS GOT TO BE WORTH A GO.

YOUR DECISION OF COURSE

STEVE B

Browning got your stuff this morning, cheers mate!

Steve: I wasn't criticising cz452.com at all, I would love to order from them but I have been waiting for a reply to several emails for over a month now. When I called rimfiremagic I was told that they are also having problems getting in touch with cz452.com/Eric.

I understand he's a teacher, this isn't what he does for a living and he was having supply problems with some of his parts. I am sure he's just behind on orders, rimfiremagic tell me they have sold 2000 kits in the Uk alone, not counting kits they sell to trade!

tuk1: I will do the work on the trigger over the weekend and send on the bits I don't use after.

Guest rabo
That's Eric Brooks' site, he supplies rimfiremagic et al but can't be contacted :good:

ive been waiting on a bore guide for over a month,he wont reply to emails,had to get paypal to try and sort it.

Thanks to all who have helped and replied to this post. I received my kit from Andy CM yesterday - top man thank you. I look forward to having a play. Pin when you have done yours would you let me know how you get on? I'd be interested to know, it may be a little while till I get round to mine as the gun doesnt seem to be in the cabinet long enough! Pesky rabbits.

Thanks again

Tuck

• 2 months later...

Hi,

i am Luca from Italy. I have palced an order directly to Eric Brook, but after one month ... nothing happen. No email, no confrimation, nothing that I have the proof that he sended the goods. Isn't money problem, is to avoid toreorder to another companies.

Someone have info or have received something from Eric Brook in this period?

Or do yuo have some suggestion where can I buy the Trigger kit?

I have a CZ 452 de luxe and is fantastic!!!!!

Thanks for all.

Luca