congregating smokers

wandringstar

just a straw man response, I was referring to people smoking directly in a doorway, nowhere else, you see I don't have an objection to smokers, but you just thought you would drop that in unchallenged.

Everything is relative, the gypsy horse fair wouldn't apply to me, as I wouldn't be that stupid to be anywhere near it, Appleby isn't it or some other nonsense.

So what bugs you in your life, or are you so easy going that everything goes over your head?

Yes, most things do go over my head;but the thing which narks me most is corruption and injustice, and intolerance. I can tolerate smokers congregating in pub doorways; it's the least of my concerns.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can,t see this, someone must work there,therefore it is a workplace? :hmm:

So are you seriously suggesting that all these old Lords an multi millionaire business men and bankers all go out on the pavement to light up their 100 pound cigars while enjoying their rare cognac.you may be surprised to learn there are still the them and us.also these clubs still do not allow females entry.as far as I recall this also is against the law.but hey ho

Edited by bostonmick

Maybe that's the point Lloyd?

If the landlords were not being screwed over by everyone else, suppliers, property owners and the tax man things would have a different dynamic?

Drink drive law and smoking ban must have altered things?

Ah yes, that seems more realistic, but I only said mine in reply to what Wandringstar said.

He now wants the thread closed because not everyone agrees with him 😂

If the landlords were greedy and making loads and loads they wouldn't be going out of business would they?!

Round my part of North London the pubs don't go out of business they get sold to a developer for millions. Same as the petrol stations.

The reasons why pubs close is complicated, about three years back I met up with an old friend in a pub we used frequent when we were in our 20s, We chose to meet there for old time sake. It was a country pub but back in the days when we went there you couldn't get in the car park of an evening, it was always busy. It was a place you could only drive to and drink driving was as illegal then as it is now

We were just about the only ones in the place the night we went. So what has changed? Its too simplistic to say drink drive laws or the smoking ban. Attitudes have changed, home entertainment is better, even internet dating could be factored in.

Edited by Vince Green

So are you seriously suggesting that all these old Lords an multi millionaire business men and bankers all go out on the pavement to light up their 100 pound cigars while enjoying their rare cognac.ho

You could well be right. As far as I'm aware, the smoking ban doesn't apply to palaces, and guess where the bar in the Houses of Parliament is, yes, the Palace of Westminster. Sorted. 😃

Ah yes, that seems more realistic, but I only said mine in reply to what Wandringstar said.

He now wants the thread closed because not everyone agrees with him

when I say landlord I mean the owner of the land, not the publican or licensee.

I wanted thread closed as it went off topic, not because I was having a tantrum. I don't do those. Try and be factual and not make up stories about me. :good: