Hilux Lift Kit

walshie

I lifted my 2000 jeep cherokee heavy duty springs leaf springs on the rear added 3" and 2" coil springs on the front and longer shocks solid beam axles at both ends so not that expensive with the 2" it did not need any extra work on break pipes etc a proper 3" lift would actually have pushed it up more like 4" that would have needed loads more work and expence.

So by adding springs and shocks it was only a body lift!!!! Unless bigger wheels and tyres were used it didn't gain any ground clearance.

This is the point I was trying to make.

My modified and my standard.Wheels same side A/T on the red one and full mud on the blue.Full muds might give it an extra 5mm on new tyres.

post-30855-0-83923700-1490516210_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-90770900-1490516224_thumb.jpg

post-30855-0-30636800-1490516400_thumb.jpg

Edited by Davyo

So by adding springs and shocks it was only a body lift!!!! Unless bigger wheels and tyres were used it didn't gain any ground clearance.

This is the point I was trying to make.

with solid beam axles the only way that you can lift the axle diff is with bigger tyres for every inch bigger the tyre that would only add 1/2" but that is not really the point the axle will push its way through most mud and with practice you learn to steer around rocks to avoid them hitting the diff.

what you need to do is raise the body/chassis that holds the engine and gearbox they are the problem they need to be moved up to stop them hitting rocks etc and if the body grounds out now matter what mud tyres you have they will just spin and you will not be going anywhere.

Having said that a lot of pickup trucks look to have plenty of room to just put larger tyres on some seem to come with small wheels/tryes almost like they are asking to be changed.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Sometimes preparing your vehicle for "offroading" just means you have a longer walk home?

Got the T shirt mate,

2am,rather wet started sliding sideways ended up through a fence and wedges between 2 trees.Me and my mare had to get out the sunroof,wife had to come pick us up.Went back next day with the chainsaw to get us free.