New Pulsar Quantum Lite

The Mighty Prawn

Its what im waiting for the must have brigade will be buying new and a "glut" of older models will be available 2nd hand so the price should drop nicely Mel

i must confess that i did get mine at a very favourable price :yes: .

i spoke to a shooting mate earlier today , he was at a show in lichfield(i think) last week , he had a good play with the new lower priced thermals , his opinion was , theyre pants . his opinion may well be swayed because he uses a xq50 though , its a cracking piece of kit so im guessing these lower priced models might not seem great in comparison.

after using my xq38 for a while , ive come to the conclusion , that they dont really need to be this good , you only really need to be able to spot the heat source , and have a rough idea of size , you then make your way to the source and use nv/lamp/torch , to positively id and shoot.

one of the farms that i shoot is around 500 acres , the farmers lad and myself , drive to the highest points of the farm on the ranger , from the back of the ranger , we can scan most of the farm with the xq38 , when something is spotted , we make our way to it and shoot (if suitable).

in my opinion , and relatively limited experience of thermal , these lower priced units could be put to very good use , and are great for those of us that dont have a huge shooting fund.