Moved to dorset from west Wales with fac

Hi muckers

Moved here from Wales, and with my fac and shotgun licence I wanted to change it to a dorset one so I can go out and find farms to hunt on. I've done the online form about a month ago, but I've had no email/phone reply. Thing is I understand via this forum, that they don't come out and check the cabinets unless your for renewal but seeing as I still travel 'home' to shoot every once in a while I don't want to be pulled up on not having a dorset licence. Plus on top of that I wanna sell a shotgun, could I do that with the dyfed Powys police licence I have as I'm registered (or not) in Dorset?

Thanks for reading and any help given

P.s looking into christchurch gun club this Sunday morning, any good?

Your certificates do not become invalid when you move home and as such you can continue to use your guns, buy ammo and sell guns.

All you are required to do, by law, is to notify your issuing force (as stated in your certificates), the rest is up to them. Doesn't matter to you if it takes 1 day or 5 years for the police to make contact with you.

Your certificates do not become invalid when you move home and as such you can continue to use your guns, buy ammo and sell guns.

All you are required to do, by law, is to notify your issuing force (as stated in your certificates), the rest is up to them. Doesn't matter to you if it takes 1 day or 5 years for the police to make contact with you.

^^^ this voice of reason

Spot on.

So all I need to do is notify as well as dorset, dyfed Powys police that I'm here and I should be ok?

Btw thanks for the replys I've been worried about this

Yes just notify your ex force where you are, put your cabinet in and get on with life.