land rover defender speed difference

flash

just wandering what the average speed difference between a normally aspirated defender engine, and a 200 tdi engine.

cheers

flash

Having owned one, I can tell you that 200tdi and speed do not belong in the same sentence.

They may belong on the same page, but only if you are a very slow reader :lol::lol::lol:

It will still get you where you want to go, that's the main thing.

stick a disco transfer box in with higher ratio and ul have a much better gearing for on road driving, and the low range rations are unaffected, fair enought about landys being a pain, but parts are silly cheap, easy to work on and a clean landy will always hold its money better than the jap stuff, ive got an isuzu and a defender, isuzus more modern/pratical ect but the landys just got something about it I like :lol:

The 2.5 NA diesel is slow but isnt horrendous about town, its motorways and accelerating up hills or slopes where it suffers. I get about 62 max from mine and it takes time measured with a calender to get there. go with tdi for better road manners