Accuracy

george123456789

The odd misshaped pellet will cause this, or if it is not seated correctly.

Superdomes are not a bad pellet so can't really imagine it being this, but give some others a go and see if they suit the gun better.

As everyone on here knows, I am No. 1 campaigner for Accupels :good:

my shooting partner has a Webley Raider 2 shot as part of his collection adn he can get 5p groupings at 30 yards with Air Arms Field. imo these are one of the best pellets out and seem to work very well in 99% of airguns. I use them in my Ranger, along with JSB's and Logun Penetrators. I very much doubt you will regret spending a fiver on the Air Arms as I am sure your groupings will get better. Also, as someone has already mentioned, try not to 'snatch' your shots. pull the trigger nice and smooth and'keep' it depressed untill the pellet hits the target instead of releasing straight away :good:

• 2 weeks later...

yes air arms field are a slacker version, than some,my mates bsa lightning flicks them back out of the breech if he has to recock his rifle and has occasionally shot his rifle dry,make sure they,re a good fit, the crossman premiers are a proven slug, but remember to make a note of the size on the box,weight etc.

I have a Webley raider .22 single shot pcp, i am finding that at 30 yards i can get a one inch grouping but quite often i have a shot that is quite a way off, i was wondering how to stop this happening and how to become a more accurate shot, thanks in advance,

George

I had this today using wasps .22 some where spot on then one strays by 2-3", But all was ok using AA field but these do look a better made pellet and are cleaner.

I'd give Crosman accupels a try, and also the Air Arms pellets. Supadomes are a reasonable pellet, but maybe your gun just doesn't like them? Always check the skirt too, if it looks bent then just chuck it away unless you're plinking. Relax a bit and don't rush the shots. When I shoot I breathe normally, then take a slightly deeper breath, breathe out about half and stop, pause a second or so and squeeze (not pull) the trigger gently and smoothly. It works for me, try it. Not saying it suits everyone but it stops me shaking or twitching as much and really helps my groups.

On a positive note, inch groups at 30 yards are ok for medium range bunnies :blink:

Seems that a lot on here recommend the accupels i will have to try them, Damned expensive though, Anyone know where you can get them cheaper?

You just wait until you shoot a 12g or a rifle! Even at £10 a tin you'd only be paying 2p per round. It's well worth buying good ammo, just think how long 500 rounds will last you if you take it steady and concentrate on each shot. Better than missing a rabbit that you've just crawled through a ditch to get in range :blink:

I have a Webley raider .22 single shot pcp, i am finding that at 30 yards i can get a one inch grouping but quite often i have a shot that is quite a way off, i was wondering how to stop this happening and how to become a more accurate shot, thanks in advance,

George

try a couple of weeks off the cider george. :P