Insurance claim

washerboy

In the nicest possible way I suggest you ought to have sucked it up buttercup and be more careful in future.

This is very likely to cost you both well over £200 in lost no claims over the next 2 years or so - with both now having to give details of it over the five years of insurance renewals. I understand ANY claim history, regardless of fault will also see both basic premiums raised.

Requirements to notify insurers in event of a collision, even if very minor, is always going to be loaded in their favour, and you will pay dearly for the time they spend dealing with it.

The amount of damage was tiny if any on her 16 year old corsa, I would have gladly payed her £50 as s good will gesture.

When she starts involving her dad and garages I will go through my insurance.

Just had 4 text saying am I sure I can't resolve the issue with cash...

I'm not the one who rang the insurance...

Is it just me who smells a rat ?

The amount of damage was tiny if any on her 16 year old corsa, I would have gladly payed her £50 as s good will gesture.

When she starts involving her dad and garages I will go through my insurance.

Just had 4 text saying am I sure I can't resolve the issue with cash...

I'm not the one who rang the insurance...

Is it just me who smells a rat ?

Simply now the insurers are involved leave it to them. It will affect your premium whether it's an "incident" or claim.

I had a driver argue over a lane with me and she drove into me while stationary. Took her details and reported it to my insurers, no claim as no damage but it still affected renewal and mine despite no damage to my vehicle kept trying to contact her insurers to check if she wanted to claim! I was more than a little ****** having notified them in case.

In this case it will cost you more over the next few years but it will whether the claim goes through or not

washer boy, she has a time limit of 5 years, 3 for personal injury if an adult.

I've just dealt with a claim for a tiny blemish on motor that cost 2k.

its all relative to age make model of vehicle

I've pm'd you

btw the police would have no interest in the matter once you have exchanged contact details unless there are reported injuries which there are not, you did not fail to stop, and you've done this so I wouldn't worry mate. you won't be going to jail.

With all due respect you don't know what your talking about. I've seen loads of cases end up in court through failing to stop and failing to report, when one person makes the mistake of reporting it days after the event. Usually under some strange reasoning, that if they report it first they will be seen as the IP, or 'injured party' (Not in the physical sense) The Police may 'Have no interest', only if neither party calls the Police. Once an 'incident' is reported and allegations are made regarding exchanging details or leaving the scene (for example) it's logged and passed on through either the 'comms room' as a 'front counter' boring job, or a Sergeant monitoring the phone logs decides to allocate it him/her self. Once this happens it has to be followed up whether the officer concerned likes it or not. And of cause he won't be going to jail. A silly statement to make...

But could still end up with with either party having points and a fine. That is fact, whether you like it or not! And exchanging details is there down in black and white, regarding what is classed as 'exchanging details' and clearly this has not happened. So in the eyes of the law 'details' have not been exchanged. As to whether he has left the scene would be for cps to debate. And in nearly 20 years in the Police you can never second guess CPS. I'm puzzled as to why you say they have when clearly looking at the definition neither party has. Perhaps you could explain?

I hope neither party does, and it turns out ok. But stop giving the OP incorrect information.

Washerboy. Don't report it to the Police. Just give all the details you do have to your insurance company, to show honesty, and leave it at that. If she does make contact just refer her to your insurance company.

EDIT - As your insurance are now aware, as has been said, you premium will go up whether your found to be at fault or not. And you would need to tell your insurer (If a different company) about it for up to 5 years i believe now.

Edited by jam1e

As said I didn't leave the seen I left the girl my contact number, she didn't give me any details at all.

I was willing to pay without involving the insurance company but when I get conflicting details from her regarding the so called damage to her car I smell a huge rat..

Hopefully the insurance sorts it out and the little fibs come to light

If like is claimed it needs a bumper respray and wheel arch repair and spray they may well end up writing it off.

Your premium may go up but look at it this way she will be given pennies for a 16 year old car and will then have to go hunting for clapped out motors of which she has no clue of any history and probably look a lot worse than the little scuff on her bumper ever did!!

We were to make a claim for a board that blew off next door and damaged our car, they said they would report it along with the damage to their roof - the insurance company would not deal direct and insisted they went insurance company to insurance company...... i called mine and just asked the question and was told even though it was a no fault and admitted claim my premium would go up next year as i had been involved in an incident.... it didn't matter it was a bit of house that hit my parked car while i was on holiday i was still involved.......

As the car was (funnily enough) 16 years old and had a few dinks anyhow and in all honesty probably wasnt worth the cost (and may well have been written off) of a door and side panel fill and respray we just left it, had a brew and carried on, i still have the car i know inside out and have had for years and it now has another dent to the collection and after reversing into a scaffold tube the other week it is what it is!!......... if it had been brand new then we would obviously have gone via the claim route

biggest shisters in the world insurance companies

As said I didn't leave the seen I left the girl my contact number, she didn't give me any details at all.

I was willing to pay without involving the insurance company but when I get conflicting details from her regarding the so called damage to her car I smell a huge rat..

Hopefully the insurance sorts it out and the little fibs come to light

I'm not saying you did washerboy. I'm just pointing out the black and white of the law and trying to stop you being a statistic by tripping yourself up.

I'm not playing ping pong with the insurance guy. He should stick to his own trade.

Anyway, i hope all goes well for you.

Cheers.

If like is claimed it needs a bumper respray and wheel arch repair and spray they may well end up writing it off.

Your premium may go up but look at it this way she will be given pennies for a 16 year old car and will then have to go hunting for clapped out motors of which she has no clue of any history and probably look a lot worse than the little scuff on her bumper ever did!!

We were to make a claim for a board that blew off next door and damaged our car, they said they would report it along with the damage to their roof - the insurance company would not deal direct and insisted they went insurance company to insurance company...... i called mine and just asked the question and was told even though it was a no fault and admitted claim my premium would go up next year as i had been involved in an incident.... it didn't matter it was a bit of house that hit my parked car while i was on holiday i was still involved.......

As the car was (funnily enough) 16 years old and had a few dinks anyhow and in all honesty probably wasnt worth the cost (and may well have been written off) of a door and side panel fill and respray we just left it, had a brew and carried on, i still have the car i know inside out and have had for years and it now has another dent to the collection and after reversing into a scaffold tube the other week it is what it is!!......... if it had been brand new then we would obviously have gone via the claim route

biggest shisters in the world insurance companies

Can't argue with that..... Anyway, i'm off...

just found my paddle and balls....

apologies if I am wrong, I thought the RTA stated you had to exchange name address and contact details at the request of the other driver if they felt they had reasonable grounds to request them, so technically I agree you are correct but in the real everyday world if people stop, and exchange contact details inc the reg number and telephone number then this is normally sufficient. most people don't know their insurance details off the top of their head.

reporting the matter to the insurer is a contractual agreement, not law as far as I am aware.i am unaware of an insurer prosecuting their client for failing to report, they will though not offer an indemnity and may well pursue their insured for any monies they are forced to pay out under their road traffic act liability.

sorry wasn't trying to mislead or give poor advice deliberately, and technically I would have to agree mostly with Jamie (re the fickle cps), my advice is from the other side which is more Civil Law based and day to day working in such situations.

btw I am well aware that stating he was not going to jail was a silly statement to make, just trying to make light of a situation with tongue in cheek. again, apologies if this was taken the wrong way.

Edited by Moley1508

just found my paddle and balls....

apologies if I am wrong, I thought the RTA stated you had to exchange name address and contact details at the request of the other driver if they felt they had reasonable grounds to request them, so technically I agree you are correct but in the real everyday world if people stop, and exchange contact details inc the reg number and telephone number then this is normally sufficient. most people don't know their insurance details off the top of their head.

reporting the matter to the insurer is a contractual agreement, not law as far as I am aware.i am unaware of an insurer prosecuting their client for failing to report, they will though not offer an indemnity and may well pursue their insured for any monies they are forced to pay out under their road traffic act liability.

sorry wasn't trying to mislead or give poor advice deliberately, and technically I would have to agree mostly with Jamie (re the fickle cps), my advice is from the other side which is more Civil Law based and day to day working in such situations.

btw I am well aware that stating he was not going to jail was a silly statement to make, just trying to make light of a situation with tongue in cheek. again, apologies if this was taken the wrong way.

Moley1508. You're a good sport, and a gent.

Apologies for getting my **** in my hand..

PS. I wasn't too bad at 'Ping Pong' at school... :lol:

Cheers.

Jamie.