Boiler recommendations

foxnet22

I've just had a Intergas boiler fitted. I did a bit of research online and seem positive. Depending on the model you can get a 7 or 10 year parts and labour guarantee included the price.

The installer had a query with mine after fitting. He contacted Intergas who sent an engineer. He confirmed no problem but double checked the installation and boiler settings. Good to know there is manufacturer's support and they carry out guarantee work.

It's only been in for a few months but so far very impressed. It replaced a Worcester which at 8 years old was considered beyond economic repair due to their astronomic parts prices!

Good luck whatever you choose.

I'm gas engineer. Depends what you need. Combi ? What size? What size of property. Personally I would stick to 3 brands - Baxi, Worcester- Bosch and Vaillant. all of them have very good after sale service, spare parts availability. Baxi- british made, simple , not expensive , reliable and best guarantees - 7 or 10 yeras. Bosch medium price, 5 years guarantee, reliable and well known. Vaillant- top boilers, epxensive, very reliable but guarantee usually 2 years.

I pressume your old one was non condensing. New one will need a condensate pipe which sometimes is pain in.. to install. Definitely get a magnetic filter installed with new one boiler !!

Edited by Honey Monster

I've just had a Intergas boiler fitted. I did a bit of research online and seem positive. Depending on the model you can get a 7 or 10 year parts and labour guarantee included the price.

The installer had a query with mine after fitting. He contacted Intergas who sent an engineer. He confirmed no problem but double checked the installation and boiler settings. Good to know there is manufacturer's support and they carry out guarantee work.

It's only been in for a few months but so far very impressed. It replaced a Worcester which at 8 years old was considered beyond economic repair due to their astronomic parts prices!

Good luck whatever you choose.

This topic caught my eye as our boiler is a few years old and could do with replacing, I have looked at the usual names but never heard of 'Intergas' so I did a bit of research on them and it looks like you have got a good boiler, they are now on my shortlist, thanks for posting......https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/manufacturers/intergas