Ive moderated my shotgun

Daveo26

Is there anything you would change or re_do again?

What I thought might be cool is to either add a rib on top with an adjusted, or mill a groove as a sighting plane.

Could the mod be off center so the body is lower and closer to the barrel top?.

This is a jolly thread.

could easily be done off center, the hushpower over & under demo's that,with out the porting and baffles the op is ******* in the wind.

better not shoot to many rounds or the epoxy its attached with will break down and it will launch the mod like a rocket :)

using me old lathe i turned down steel barrel shims/sleeves on my mossberg 12 gauge diy mod and silver soldered em to the barrel.

can be done with a cheap blowlamp.

Ali mod tube screws onto that,just a diy hushpower copy.

Edited by Remimax

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've looked into this epoxy thing.......

The epoxy I used is rated upto 65 Celsius, human skin is at risk of burns from 44 Celsius

That big piece of aluminium tube will act as a heat sink and dissipate the heat quickly

This guy shoots 500 rounds through a mossberg 500 in one go, the temp at the breech at the end of the test is 40 Celsius.

It's at my epoxys upper limit at the muzzle end

Thank you (drops microphone and walks offstage)

Guest cookoff013

been running some 70mm 20gauge 28gram 5s plastic wad ,13grains AS,8 star crimp chrono 1020 fps in my hushpower pump york guns.

fair reduction in noise with them over standard game loads.

now that is really interesting, thats the exact kind of combo that is great for subs. small amounts of fast powder and the payload thats alittle excessive.

did you know that at 13 grains thats not alot of puff, but it seems unusually efficient.

i have a similar load in 12gauge with a powder called ba10 i used 13.odd grains for an ounce there too.

touche my friend, touche !

now that is really interesting, thats the exact kind of combo that is great for subs. small amounts of fast powder and the payload thats alittle excessive.

did you know that at 13 grains thats not alot of puff, but it seems unusually efficient.

i have a similar load in 12gauge with a powder called ba10 i used 13.odd grains for an ounce there too.

touche my friend, touche !

credit is all yours,pinched the train of thought off you ! :)

just started low and worked me way up.

Years ago I had a silencer for a 410. It was an out front jobby that had a barrel bushing that was clamped by a hose clip. The silencer was a tube with baffles and an end cap. It was pretty effective on Eley fourlong. The sound reduction was good when shot up in the air but not so good when shot at a ground target. I have made several silencers over the years as technical experiments. I haven't found it totally necessary to drill holes in the barrel to get the sound reduction. I have even drilled a row of small holes right at the back of the silencer can baffle position to bleed gas off back down and out of an over the barrel type. This allows the gasses to come backwards from the front construction and baffles. I have also used rubber baffles made out of old conveyor belt with a Very small hole in them. It's good fun experimenting. But you have to think about possible dangerous situations before you do anything.

• 3 weeks later...