Yeti Gaiters

Wasabi

So looking for some advice. Due to an ankle injury years ago I wear high lace up boots with gaiters for pheasant shooting. The only pain is the time to get them on then cleaning the boots at the end of a day.

With Berghaus Yeti gaiters could I clean the boots and then put the gaiters on and leave them on for the season? I'm thinking they look like they keep the mud and water off the boot so it therefore wouldn't need cleaning.

Am I right?

So looking for some advice. Due to an ankle injury years ago I wear high lace up boots with gaiters for pheasant shooting. The only pain is the time to get them on then cleaning the boots at the end of a day.

With Berghaus Yeti gaiters could I clean the boots and then put the gaiters on and leave them on for the season? I'm thinking they look like they keep the mud and water off the boot so it therefore wouldn't need cleaning.

Am I right?

Yes I have a pair on my Danners, they stay on all the time.

I wear them on non berghaus boots, u just have to get a bit creative sometimes and cut some of the treads off. I usually silicon the toe on too as if ur in rough ground they sometime flip up but the silicon sorts it.

Ive had them on harkilla and meindl boots.

I tend to leave them on all season but take them off come feb, I try to get the boot leather dry after use as well thou and give them a few good coats of 'treatment'/wax before I put the gaiter on.

I dunno wot others have found.

I have 2 pairs 1 new and 1 ex army, the new 1's were an absolute pig to put on while the ex army 1's were a doodle. I'd say the tighter the better.

I know I have had problems in the past with the toes flipping over but I am going throu some quite heavy rough cover with them