Norwich possible help required

Jaymo

Begging for two things possible.

First one is anyone with a portable compressor that I could use, am trying to re upholster a boat seat and my electric stapler wont go into the plastic seat base.

Will buy a pneumatic stapler unless someone has one of those too? I have a compressor already hence not wishing to purchase one, only problem is its 900 miles away...

Second thing, someone with a lathe who can enlarge a plastic bushing for my over the barrel mod when my new rifle arrives.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Begging for two things possible.

First one is anyone with a portable compressor that I could use, am trying to re upholster a boat seat and my electric stapler wont go into the plastic seat base.

Will buy a pneumatic stapler unless someone has one of those too? I have a compressor already hence not wishing to purchase one, only problem is its 900 miles away...

Second thing, someone with a lathe who can enlarge a plastic bushing for my over the barrel mod when my new rifle arrives.

Thanks in advance

Jay

Regarding the plastic bushing, you could, with care, use something like a Dremel, depending on how much material you need to remove. I did it with one of mine.

Thanks Gordon, ended up taking the seat and fabric to a local upholstery place- cheaper than rental and the more I looked at it, the more I realised that in order to get a good end product was to let someone more ‘crafty’ than me do it.

Steve

Had thought of that and as it’s only a bushing that does not require to be perfectly snug ( think Ali from Wildcat explained the clearance needed was a fag paper) that I could dremel it, but as the above statement- like the end product to be right.

I know my limits :-)

Paddy

Same problem I was having with the boat seat as like a bike seat, thick plastic base.

My Mrs only does conventional upholstery.

Regarding the place I took mine too, hmm , received the seat back today and the quality is not what I was expecting.

Know vinyl can be a pig but I would have not expected it to come out how they did it with poor stapling and overstretched parts which means a bit of tearing by some staples.

So, in this instance I cant recommend them.

I do have some great staples with points you can have to try , I also have the Stanley tr550 stapler but maybe the bike seat base is softer?

I see some arrow copy air staplers on fleabay for £22, might be worth a punt

Regards to the bushing, all I done was measure the barrel where the end of the mod sat and emailed wildcat with the size paid £12 and 2 days later it turned up,

Im tight :-)

In all honesty I have several spare bushings from my dealings with Ali over the years- of course I could buy another All at the correct dims but thats a bit wasteful when I have a few here already

doesn't sound good? thing is I need someone to make the seat cover as well, I got the wrong model seat cover and while i'm sure it could be modified it's just too much for my little brain, as for reaming out your bush I have one of those large tapered drill bits that electricians use, it might work if you're careful. I did one a few years ago and I was a bit to forceful, it bit in and ruined the bush, needs a pillar drill really.