Favourite Country Songs

FairImogen

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its certainly better than listening to rap which is dumbed down spheres for those of little talent

Really . . .

Look

If you had

One shot

Or one opportunity

To seize everything you ever wanted

In one moment

Would you capture

Or just let it slip?

Yo

His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti

He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready

To drop bombs, but he keeps on forgettin'

What he wrote down, the whole crowd goes so loud

He opens his mouth, but the words won't come out

He's chokin', how, everybody's jokin' now

The clocks run out, times up, over, blaow!

Snap back to reality, oh there goes gravity

Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked

He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy? No

He won't have it, he knows his whole back's to these ropes

It don't matter, he's dope, he knows that, but he's broke

He's so stacked that he knows, when he goes back to his mobile home, that's when its

Back to the lab again yo, this whole rhapsody

He better go capture this moment and hope it don't p*** him.

This is the first verse of "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. The colours represent phonetic rhymes. Add in that almost every word used in the song rhymes with at least one other word. He uses end rhymes, internal rhymes, true rhymes, slant rhymes, eye rhymes, mosaic rhymes, alliteration, assonance, consonance, similes, metaphors, hyperbole, allusion, imagery, personification, onomatopoeia.
But yeah he's just writing down dumbed down lyrics because he's some untalented rapper from Detroit. :rolleyes:
It's a free country and no one says you have to like rap/hip-hop but to dismiss it as you did simply because you don't like it is clearly wrong. I don't like jazz but I would still say that those who play it are talented.
"Lose Yourself" is anthemic. The "Eye of the Tiger" for it's generation. The first rap track to win an Oscar. It is without doubt one of the best composed songs of all time. Just pure genius in songwriting terms.

I like lady antebellum, the Dixie chicks along with all the greats like the highwaymen, Garth Brooks is good to listen to with his own style.

Who can not sing along to John Denver country road take me home. Elkie Brooks is a good country singer.

Keg on Spotify you can browse genres and in the country music section there are lots and lots of styles from modern to the classics. I will often put it on when driving along with a bit of jazz like Nina Simone Ella Fitzgerald and satchmo that era and some blues as its easy listening when driving. I also like classical when driving as its relaxing.

Edited by figgy