whats happening to the forum,

flash

as of late, there seem to be more and more arguments popping up all over the forum, and none of them see to be constructive, just destructive. i know alot of it is due to trolls, but we all seem to be taking it, hook line and sinker.

would hate to see the forum fall to pieces, as i know alot of people put a lot of time into it, as well as money.

not directing at anyone in particular, also seems to be a lot of 'mod baiting', there just doing there job, not that there paid :D

oh well, thats just my opinion.

cheers

flash

Water off a duck's back matey. People are less civil when they don't actually know each other. If we all met at some point, I'm sure we would respond differently, but even so I'm sure you don't get on with everyone you meet? Banter is just banter- no probs :D

also seems to be a lot of 'mod baiting', there just doing there job, not that there paid :)

cheers

flash

I think that several members have become a bit ****** off with the Mods "we know whats best for you" attitude to some recent events.

The "no replies in the for sale section" fiasco brought it to a head.

Now that the Mods have reversed their decision at least it shows that if enough people voice their opinion they will listen to it. :yes:

Tony Bliar hasn't banned the sport of Mod Baiting yet though :lol::lol:;)

also seems to be a lot of 'mod baiting', there just doing there job, not that there paid :)

cheers

flash

I think that several members have become a bit ****** off with the Mods "we know whats best for you" attitude to some recent events.

The "no replies in the for sale section" fiasco brought it to a head.

Now that the Mods have reversed their decision at least it shows that if enough people voice their opinion they will listen to it. :yes:

Tony Bliar hasn't banned the sport of Mod Baiting yet though :lol::lol:;)

The Moderators don't have a, "we know whats best for you" attitude, they do have a, "we know whats best for Pigeon Watch" attitude.

The new amendment to the Buy, Sell, or Swap section was only done after much thought and with a strict warning as to what will happen if its abused.

If you or anyone else doesn't like the Forum style, you are not obliged to read it.

I am still of the opinion that a firm "My way or the highway" type approach from Teal would be beneficial. Lead from the front and all that.

It his site, his rules and we either like it or leave. It would be nice to have him lay the law down occasionally though!

The Moderators don't have a, "we know whats best for you" attitude, they do have a, "we know whats best for Pigeon Watch" attitude.

The new amendment to the Buy, Sell, or Swap section was only done after much thought and with a strict warning as to what will happen if its abused.

If you or anyone else doesn't like the Forum style, you are not obliged to read it.

:yes::lol::lol: Ever thought of a career in diplomacy.....No, I thought not ;):):no:

:lol::lol:;) Ever thought of a career in diplomacy.....No, I thought not :):no::no:

Has he ever thought of going in for the prime ministers job :yes:

I once read a post from another moderator on another forum on another part of the net.... he said much the same and his forum is now dead :yes:

I for one, don't have to use this forum, neither I guess do most of the posters who contribute to the forum. Much like me, I am sure they post because they want too or because they enjoy the sport of shooting but it is a social forum and whilst I can appreciate rules are needed, a response of " like it or leave" is IMHO very negative and can not lead to anything constructive.

John

I once read a post from another moderator on another forum on another part of the net.... he said much the same and his forum is now dead :lol:

I for one, don't have to use this forum, neither I guess do most of the posters who contribute to the forum. Much like me, I am sure they post because they want too or because they enjoy the sport of shooting but it is a social forum and whilst I can appreciate rules are needed, a response of " like it or leave" is IMHO very negative and can not lead to anything constructive.

John

:yes::lol:

Water off a duck's back matey. People are less civil when they don't actually know each other. If we all met at some point, I'm sure we would respond differently, but even so I'm sure you don't get on with everyone you meet? Banter is just banter- no probs :yes:

Jesus, you should see what its like when the Usual Suspects get together. Its ten times worse than this,but its called gamesmanship on the clay ground.

Seriously though, I believe its because we've exhausted everything to do with shooting etc. and we're all bored and looking to provoke people into saying somethings o we can all have a bash and the vicious cycle starts again. :lol:

I once read a post from another moderator on another forum on another part of the net.... he said much the same and his forum is now dead :lol:

John

Well said :yes:

I once read a post from another moderator on another forum on another part of the net.... he said much the same and his forum is now dead :yes:

Yeah.... a real liveley forum that was. Lasted all of....umm...a month or two. Must have been the "complete freedom of speech" policy they touted to wipe mud in the eye of Pigeonwatch. So much freedom of speech nobody had anything to talk about :lol: :lol: ;):):no: :no:

I don't see what the fuss is about. This forum is not a democracy, when was the last time you saw a "vote on a pigeonwatch issue" thread?

This is a privately run site owned by someone who can make whatever rules they want, when they want.

Get used to it.

lads you think this is bad, one of the shooting forums I go to is full of bitching and moaning all the time, people are always negative and assume the worst. The other Irish lads on here will tell you. Its so bad sometimes that you'd be afraid to start a thread asking for help as someone will ram their opinion down your throat

Enjoy what you have, this is a great forum

I don't see what the fuss is about. This forum is not a democracy, when was the last time you saw a "vote on a pigeonwatch issue" thread?

This is a privately run site owned by someone who can make whatever rules they want, when they want.

Get used to it.

If Teal wanted it private, he wouldn't have opened it up to the public. I would be surprised if someone of his tender years is the sort of person to adopt a "my way or the highway" attitude to anything. Debate and discussion is what forums are all about

Have you been in your cave so long that you haven't noticed it's the 21st century. Doffing of caps, tugging of forelocks and Luddites are all old skool these days.

Gaylord :yes: