sabel25

As title

I am looking for flush fitting chokes for the Essex model 12g

These are 48mm in length

I have the Maxum and Magnus but the chokes do not fit the Essex

I also have a brand new set of 8 extended chokes which do not fit either

Thanks in advance

Edited by sabel25

What about giving a call to Mike at SG headquarters near Birmingham? I'm certain he'd be delighted to help -- they went well beyond the book to sort me a new forend to change from 'sporting' to 'trap' style a few months back, and serviced the gun at the same time...

7 hours ago, sabel25 said:

As title

I am looking for flush fitting chokes for the Essex model 12g

These are 48mm in length

I have the Maxum and Magnus but the chokes do not fit the Essex

I also have a brand new set of 8 extended chokes which do not fit either

Thanks in advance

Golly .... someone really likes CG. :yes:

I'm sure I have a couple I bought for my mine by mistake and they are just sat in my shoot room.

I will have a look.

right the two I have are 1/4 and 1/2 but are a total length of about 60mm. My standard ones are 48mm. So I have no clue what the bigger ones fit. 

Edited by rimfire4969

1 hour ago, buze said:

What about giving a call to Mike at SG headquarters near Birmingham? I'm certain he'd be delighted to help -- they went well beyond the book to sort me a new forend to change from 'sporting' to 'trap' style a few months back, and serviced the gun at the same time...

Thanks

I have already dealt with  CG unless you are quoting someone  else ( SG )?

They sent the full set of extented chokes that do not fit the Essex?

It's not specific to the Essex. There are 2 generations of CG choke and they do not interchange. Early guns with an 18.4mm bore used the SelectaChoke system. Around 2008/9 they changed to Maxis chokes which are longer and sized for the Maxis bore which is nominally 18.7mm.

10 hours ago, Westward said:

It's not specific to the Essex. There are 2 generations of CG choke and they do not interchange. Early guns with an 18.4mm bore used the SelectaChoke system. Around 2008/9 they changed to Maxis chokes which are longer and sized for the Maxis bore which is nominally 18.7mm.

This Essex was only purchased new last year ( used for a demo for an magazine article ) and only had the two chokes that were in it There was none in the case when it came to the shop

CG arranged to supply me a set but sent the maxis extended set which i only discovered last night that they were too long

The maxum and magnus have the maxis longer choke which are interchangeable but will not fit the Essex

Teague do one to fit at £41 each but thought i would try on here first

13 hours ago, sabel25 said:

This Essex was only purchased new last year ( used for a demo for an magazine article ) and only had the two chokes that were in it There was none in the case when it came to the shop

Your gun is a conundrum. The Essex was discontinued around 3 or 4 years ago in favour of the almost identically priced Magnus, plus which the only current models using the SelectaChoke system are the 20, 28 & .410 guns. All the 12s are Maxis bore guns.

So it's a mystery and the only suggestion I can offer is that it's a special build.

If you would care to post the first 3 digits of the serial no I could give you a rough idea of when it was made.

10 hours ago, Westward said:

Your gun is a conundrum. The Essex was discontinued around 3 or 4 years ago in favour of the almost identically priced Magnus, plus which the only current models using the SelectaChoke system are the 20, 28 & .410 guns. All the 12s are Maxis bore guns.

So it's a mystery and the only suggestion I can offer is that it's a special build.

If you would care to post the first 3 digits of the serial no I could give you a rough idea of when it was made.

Hi

This Essex is the limited edition which looks identical to the maxus game i have

The essex was second to the maxum with the magnus coming in just behind it

I know they were discontiued but can still be bought new as one or two are still on the gun racks

I have looked up the proof ID marks, and this one was proofed in 2009 according to the charts 

I have just sent an email to angloitalianarms to see what they come up with and shall keep you posted on the outcome

13 hours ago, sabel25 said:

Hi

This Essex is the limited edition which looks identical to the maxus game i have

The essex was second to the maxum with the magnus coming in just behind it

I know they were discontiued but can still be bought new as one or two are still on the gun racks

I have looked up the proof ID marks, and this one was proofed in 2009 according to the charts 

I have just sent an email to angloitalianarms to see what they come up with and shall keep you posted on the outcome

Well, had we known at the start it was a 2009 gun, it would have been very likely to have Selecta chokes. When you said it was bought new last year I assumed it was a recent gun; hence the mystery.

There is a FB group for UK CG owners with an active buy/sell section.