what do people do all day when not working and have to stay in?

Winston72

The other thing we have that takes a lot of time is we bought a woodland plot 3.34 acres of mainly coppice wood. That takes a lot of time up, weather permitting and helps keep us active and the dogs love it. Its a good investment too from the pension lump sum.( It is already worth a lot more than we paid for it). As well as providing us with holidays away from it all. The biodiversity in the wood is fascinating and we are never bored down there.

The only place I ever get bored at is work!

So when I'm home alone (very rarely), if its daylight I and dry, I work around the garden, cut firewood, tidy the garage which means I'm busy but still in the house or very close by.  If its dark or very wet  I make fishing flies, read (crime fiction books field sport books/mags), go on line,  sort out various bits of gear....However a few weeks ago I was laid low with a skin abscess which made any movement very painful....I spent two days lying on my side watching the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and some of the River Cottage DVD's!

Cheers

Aled

Edited by Aled