New boots

getthegat

Quick foray into wellington's, a mate bought me some Muck Boots a few years back, unfortunately I can't walk more than about 1/4 - 1/2 mile with out them hurting my ankles and I find them cold. Very very generous of him for a relatively small mechanical job, but could not recommend them.

14 hours ago, getthegat said:

Quick foray into wellington's, a mate bought me some Muck Boots a few years back, unfortunately I can't walk more than about 1/4 - 1/2 mile with out them hurting my ankles and I find them cold. Very very generous of him for a relatively small mechanical job, but could not recommend them.

Muck boots hurt my ankles also. Cured it with insoles.

• 2 months later...

So my now not so new Go Outdoors boots had a good test today, an hour or two walking in ankle deep snow, plus one leg falling down a hole up to my knee and both feet were totally warm and dry. The car was reading minus 6 degrees, so I'm well happy with them still. Comfy from the off. Wear them every day, driving, walking the dog, mud and puddles, shooting and now snow.