Bobba

well..............i like ivy....woods and spinneys with ivy are far more productive than bare woods..............i have let the ivy grow up the side of the house so the sparrows have somewhere to roost and squabble every night....and my hedges are intertwineed with ivy..............never have too much of it i say..............

:yahoo::yahoo:Nice to see you back Ditchy,now don't you be going spelling everything right either. I like reading your posts as i find they read as i imagine you talk like.

My mixed hedge had a little bit of ivy but in three and a half years its taken over a lot of hedge two trees and started on one of my garden buildings. Took a skip to get rid of it all with the hedge trimmings,sodding trunks of the ivy were too big for my loppers had to use a pruning saw. i like to see bits of ivy and the red virginia creeper types growing along a mixed hedge but if the ivy isn't controlled its all you end up with.