Offensive Weapons Bill

On 11 April 2018 at 14:42, Rewulf said:

Thats just the point,they want them gone because they are too 'dangerous'
Just how many crimes and deaths have been done using these particular firearms ?

Exactly the question I asked my MP in my response to the consultation, his reply was bizarre as he stated we would never get handguns back when I hadn't even mentioned the matter - he didn't answer the question of how many crimes had been committed with a .50 or MARS...

On ‎12‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 20:15, The Mighty Prawn said:

Exactly the question I asked my MP in my response to the consultation, his reply was bizarre as he stated we would never get handguns back when I hadn't even mentioned the matter - he didn't answer the question of how many crimes had been committed with a .50 or MARS...

Quite simply he didn't know what you were asking about and could not be bothered to ask! Typical Politician.

Licensed gun owners will always be an easy target because we are a minority and it is easier for the government to make noises about firearms legislation (and police forces with the current licensing fiasco) than tackle the social issues and knife crime highlighted earlier. The public, on the whole, don't understand firearms and their legal use, and there is always an association in the media with legally-held weapons and gun crime, when we know there is little or no crime of this nature. Plus, there is the added stereotype that it is rich people that shoot game, which again is an easy target in the media.

• 2 weeks later...