Too good to be true.

JDog

The weather today here is just fabulous. We saw the forecast last night and decided to head to the coast bright and early this morning. We were there by 7:30 and were rewarded by perfect peace and quiet (apart from bird song) and blue skies as far as we could see. The Cuckoo put in his usual appearance (the same male and I have yet to see a female), a great many Whitethroats singing away merrily, Skylarks and Meadow pipits which are nesting on the dunes and far too many corvids for my liking. one tree had fifteen Magpies in it. Unusually I saw plenty of Roe deer in the ditches. This must be a relatively new habitat for this species. Woodland, apart from scrubby willows and Sea buckthorn is in short supply on the marshes.

An early morning dip for Jasper.

thumbnail_20180506_080351_resized_early_morning_dip.jpg

thumbnail_20180506_080419_001_resized_early_morning_dip_1.jpg

We spent about 4hrs at the beach? Yesterday, greenodd on the way to barrow, glorious sunshine playing on the rocks and sand bare foot with the kids and hardly a soul about, the gorse is in full flower and smells amazing, this morning out for a walk found a mallard with fourteen chicks at the pond.

just watched the channel fill up whilst mowing the lawn, now back to the beach on walney island.

sunny Lancashire, its that warm we could be in Spain, enjoy.IMG-20180506-WA0001.jpg.670841de5b98dd06fa02d1b194d55d34.jpg

quick picture by the misses yesterday 

silly me Cumbria ? 

Edited by Mice!