Re vamp of my folding hide/blind

Walker570

I have had a home made folding hide for probably over twenty years and made one or two for friends, however with more of my shooting at static squirrel feeding stations I needed a dual purpose one which i could if necessary leave in position with no great loss if it got knicked ... hoever unlikely that would be.  The base of the blind are two adjustable metal sets of 'fingers' on to which some black poly pipe will slide.  The old models just had the five cross pieces spaced with cord and the camo was cut and fitted to each panel.   With this new model I have included 'stretchers' between the cross pieces which can be swapped about to suit the use ....pigeon shooting or static squirrel/deer.  The photo shows everything better. The good thing is it all folds down and will go in my Land Rover including the chair.   Rather than fit the camo permanently attached I will just throw a large piece of camo of the desired colour over the whole thing with aperture cut where needed, easy to just tie it down if windy and it will look more natural.  I rarely shoot anywhere these days unless I can drive to it or very close with the landy but this frame is light enough to carry on the shoulder anyway.

The photo shows it set up for shotgun use and the two spreaders can be moved to widen the view/shoot angle as needed as the ends of the spreaders are held by tool clips also I would probably use my Bergara Stag seat for bird shooting as it can be set higher and swivels.  Simply by swapping the two rear spreaders to the front and using the two short front spreaders on the lower section it drops the bar and makes it perfect for using a rifle.  I have an old fully adjustable camera tripod which I can use  modified with a rifle rest.

20180804_120824 (800x600).jpg

20180804_134101 (800x600).jpg

59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have had a home made folding hide for probably over twenty years and made one or two for friends, however with more of my shooting at static squirrel feeding stations I needed a dual purpose one which i could if necessary leave in position with no great loss if it got knicked ... hoever unlikely that would be.  The base of the blind are two adjustable metal sets of 'fingers' on to which some black poly pipe will slide.  The old models just had the five cross pieces spaced with cord and the camo was cut and fitted to each panel.   With this new model I have included 'stretchers' between the cross pieces which can be swapped about to suit the use ....pigeon shooting or static squirrel/deer.  The photo shows everything better. The good thing is it all folds down and will go in my Land Rover including the chair.   Rather than fit the camo permanently attached I will just throw a large piece of camo of the desired colour over the whole thing with aperture cut where needed, easy to just tie it down if windy and it will look more natural.  I rarely shoot anywhere these days unless I can drive to it or very close with the landy but this frame is light enough to carry on the shoulder anyway.

The photo shows it set up for shotgun use and the two spreaders can be moved to widen the view/shoot angle as needed as the ends of the spreaders are held by tool clips also I would probably use my Bergara Stag seat for bird shooting as it can be set higher and swivels.  Simply by swapping the two rear spreaders to the front and using the two short front spreaders on the lower section it drops the bar and makes it perfect for using a rifle.  I have an old fully adjustable camera tripod which I can use  modified with a rifle rest.

20180804_120824 (800x600).jpg

20180804_134101 (800x600).jpg

Bet you don't shoot much?............'Cause judging from the first picky, they can see you! Lol! ?

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

is it made from drain rods ?

1 inch poly water pipe. The short bits have a wooden peg driven in each end with a tool clip screwed on.  I did state that I throw a piece of camo over the frame but some people can't read obviously. :lol: but I still enjoyed the quip.

Looks a bit like our solar system. Lol

Must say though you wont see many women being that creative. It amazing what our brains invent. I'd have used 3 poles and a cammo net against a tree myself, but then I'm obviously not as creative. 

Oh and a 3 legged stool?