Foxes from the last 6 outings

grasshopper

NVno12.jpg Dog fox

Kalecub2.jpgVixen cub last Tues

kalecub1.jpgVixen cub last Wed

bigcubs.jpg2 Dog cubs last Thurs,1 not picked

SS100040.jpgVixen cub last night

25acre.jpgDog & vixen from tonight

All got with the NV,thats 20 so far.Not the most satisfying tonight as rifle slipped off the bale and knocked the sight hence the first fox was missed.

Grass been cut,baled and removed from most of this field.Farmer kindly put 4 bales back into field for us to make a hide with..1st fox appeared before dark,at the same time 3 cars with music pounding came out of local car park and promptly scared it off :rolleyes:

Then wind got up and rifle slipped off bale,thought it wud be ok as not to severe...wrong...fox appeared 150yds in long grass,looking straight at us..missed,it didn,t even respond. :rolleyes:

Checked out..3 clicks to the left.

She was out again not to long after,this time no mistake :P

Don,t know what happened with the next 1,had to shoot resting against my pick up,missed :good::lol: this was me cos a few mins later the big dog fox(sure it was the 1 the cars scared off)was crossing the field.My mate stopped him about 120 yds out,this time on the bipod on the bale,straight down. :D

Been waiting weeks to get onto this field.

Went to the fields i got 1 in last night,saw 1 crossing at the top but couldn,t stop it..it was on a mission. :no:

Moved over 2 fields and clocked 1 coming along next to the wood,this 1 was motoring as it was carrying something.Had to rush to intercept,got it in the x,trigger set,safety off,just put my finger on the trigger when it turned and ran into the wood.. :lol: ARRRGGGHHHHH :lol::lol: was time to call it a night!!

GH

GH what's the NV gear you are using,if you don't mind me asking :rolleyes:...ps did you ever find the other leg of the vixen last wed

:rolleyes::good: got ya now...both it,s legs were there,it,s just the way it,s lying.

NV is the Archer,if you check through some of my previous threads,theres write ups and a link to the firm that make them which has reviews and video footage.Would link them for you but off to the lakes fishing.

Cheers

GH

Good pest control their men. :good::blush:

Keep up the good work, its a bumper year for foxes here aswell. :lol:;)

Frank.

Although our local hunt was never that effective,i,m wondering if we,re seeing the effects of the ban as there seems to be foxes everywhere this year????

Any thoughts?

GH

Well done g.h you finally nailed a vixon :lol: Is that a 243 your using that 1st fox certainly wasnt running away from that impact ;) There is an awful load of foxes round my area this year to whatever the reason is i dont know :P Would love a setup like yours does the nv work when attached to a normal scope?

All shot with my 22 250,Federal v shock 55grn btips Mark.

NV attaches to your normal scope but it needs a parrallax adjuster on to focus it.

Thats 20 with it since the end of Feb when i started using it.we,ve had 2 with the .243s as well so thats 22 fox on about 900acres were controlling and still at least 7 that we know of..waiting for some more fields to be cleared to get these.

Cheers for the replies everyone :P

GH

PS fishing went well,4 trout for 12lbs including a 3.5lb bluey

would you recommend the NV then? dont archer have different grades or generation of nv scope attachment?

often sorely tempted but the cost is a factor, saying that if it means you double your kill ratio then it must be a good investment.

For Tikkamark...

this is what a 70grn ballistic tip bullet out of a .243 did to a dog fox at 130yds,called out at dusk last night in the same field we got the 2 in the other night...was 130yds out.

We put the motor in front of the bale hide this time as the foxes were coming across the back of the field the other night and pick up was in the way...this ****** came out after about 3mins calling,wind was different this time,blowing from directly behind us so he decides to go to the bottom of the field..yes motor in line of sight again but this time it seemed to help hide us.

When he got directly down wind he stopped,took a breath and didn,t get another.My mate was lined up waiting to the right of my motor as i watched charlie from the left.70grns straight through the centre of his chest..quick and clean as you can see he dropped where he stood.

SS100052.jpg

AY

There all gen 3,but have 3 different grades of lense..A,B or C. £1400..£1800...£2200

I got the £1400 attachment,looked through the £1800 one but couldn,t see the extra £400 benefit of it although there was less marks on it.Well pleased with mine.We count our vermin from Feb to Feb and already got more fox than last year because of the NV.

Hope the pic aint to graphic..just showing the extra wallop off the .243 from the.22 250.

I will remove it if it is.

Cheers

GH

For Tikkamark...

this is what a 70grn ballistic tip bullet out of a .243 did to a dog fox at 130yds,called out at dusk last night in the same field we got the 2 in the other night...was 130yds out.

We put the motor in front of the bale hide this time as the foxes were coming across the back of the field the other night and pick up was in the way...this ****** came out after about 3mins calling,wind was different this time,blowing from directly behind us so he decides to go to the bottom of the field..yes motor in line of sight again but this time it seemed to help hide us.

When he got directly down wind he stopped,took a breath and didn,t get another.My mate was lined up waiting to the right of my motor as i watched charlie from the left.70grns straight through the centre of his chest..quick and clean as you can see he dropped where he stood.

GH

Thats some a fair exit for a frontal shot at that distance the 243 is a hard hitter thats for sure :stupid: I was out last night there with john galway and conor we got 3 im sure john will post pics and a good write up :stupid: Do you spot them with normal lamp then switch straight to nv or could you take off nv attachment and do all with it?

" Do you spot them with normal lamp then switch straight to nv or could you take off nv attachment and do all with it? "

I use the NV as a monocular to spot them,then you have to alter the focus..2 seconds,attach it 5-10 seconds then find it again(the fox)this can be were you don,t get it,as if it,s crossing the field on it,s way somewhere,(you know how quick they cover ground when on a mission)as your field of view is reduced it can be out of the field and gone,This is where the benefit of 2 comes in,especially when my mate has a top of the range NV and keeps tabs on it,then directs me onto it as he can see the infra red beam from my laser,also he,ll call it if it looks like going.

It comes into its own when ambushing or if you look over a wall etc and find 1 feeding/hunting.Time to set up and wait for the perfect shot as they don,t usually know they,re being watched.

GH

" Do you spot them with normal lamp then switch straight to nv or could you take off nv attachment and do all with it? "

It comes into its own when ambushing or if you look over a wall etc and find 1 feeding/hunting.Time to set up and wait for the perfect shot as they don,t usually know they,re being watched.

GH

Thats what id love about the nv to get them without spooking them :good: It would take a bit of getting used to id say :good: