a rare find

How many of you have seen one of these?

17 Remington full metal jacket   18gr

The more observant will notice a slight dent in the shoulder caused by resizing lubricant seeping onto the shoulder area causing a pressure dent. Will blow out safely.  This is one of the last I have from 17 cal bullets given me 30yrs ago whilst in Texas USA. They where by a small independant bullet company and they also made some 15gr HPs but those have all been used on feathered vermin.

The result on a crow was very destructive.

The FMGs I had just to see how they would fly. I never used them in the field. They where very accurate but served no useful purpose,  here anyway.  I think the idea was to cause less pelt damage on coyotes etc., as the pelts still fetched a good price over there.

706.JPG

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, JRDS said:

Todd Kindler bullet?

No , I don't think so...heh! it was 30yrs ago.  The name on the boxes was not that anyway.  The late John Wootters gave them to me and he was the one back in 1986 who suggested the 17 Remington to me and I subsequently had one built on a Martini action in 1986 in the USA.  This was prior to 9/11 and you could bring all sorts of stuff back then, if you declared them with a minimum amount of paperwork.  I initially brought the cases over from Texas and the bullets as they where like hens teeth back here in those days.   Cracking little cartridge.

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Mmmm....nippy little thing.

The 15gr HPs had to be kept down to sub 4000fps or when fired you would see a puff of grey smoke about 15yrds infront of the barrel as the bullet vaporised !!  3900fps was more than adequate. Big puff of black feathers on a crow.  I believe that is why they never became available retail in the USA.

Edited by Walker570