card fraud

Dougy

hi folk,

Just thought I would give yo all a bit of advice from a “P -d†of member. Thought ide go out tonight for a pint, only the second time out for a drink in about 2 ½ weeks been saving some money for house renovation and a good weekend at Bisley.

Went to get £40 out from the bank tonight and “sorry insufficient fundsâ€:good:

NO cant be rite only got paid last Friday.

So much for this secure chip and pin.

Hopefully should get it back. And bank charges!

But how long till I do

And some little smart ASER WAT is living a life of luxury on our money.

Something for keeping your money under the mattress.

Happy times ahead folk :good:

Had a similar experience not long ago, reported it to local police (who didnt give a toss) but had to, so I could get a crime ref no. to claim the funds back from my bank.

All said and done, they offered me an extended overdraft to the amount which had been stolen, no charges were incurred but had there been they would've refunded them too.

Took approx 6-8 weeks before I saw the money back though!

It amazes me the amount of effort that appears to go into tracking these fraudsters down.... NONE!

I had £3600 wizzed off one of my credit cards. It was quite clever as it was a balance transfer from my card to a Sky card.

We only picked it up when checking the monthly statement.

It took several weeks to sort out and was a bit of hassle sorting out replacement card etc, but didnt really cost me anything,other than some time and a few calls.

webber

A while back I payed for a meal using my switch card, the only time the card was used that weekend.

Got a phone call from my bank on the Monday morning expressing concern over my spending over the weekend, transpires the card was used to pay a Barclay card bill, a T mobile bill and another bill. Totalled £1400 !

Amazingly my bank refunded the money instantly and chased the recipients for what was technically their money. How simple would it have been to work out the name from Barclaycard and tie it in with members of staff at the diner ?

Police said the amount involved did not warrent further investigation although a six year old could have found the culprit :good:

Same happened here.

A large sum was paid to a company in the Midlands, and six donations were made to www.muslimaid.org :good: Not the same one was it Chris?

TSB refunded my money, and said they would investigate, seemed like it was an everyday occurence for them.

Looks like I was the victim of card skimming, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm now vary wary of using my card at tills with Asian cashiers.

Looks like I was the victim of card skimming, and I'm not ashamed to say I'm now vary wary of using my card at tills with Asian cashiers.
People are finally waking up and realising that the asians are trying to fleece us any and every way they can, I deal with a lot of them in business and they are 100% untrustworthy, every scam going, they are involved in.

People are finally waking up and realising that the asians are trying to fleece us any and every way they can, I deal with a lot of them in business and they are 100% untrustworthy, every scam going, they are involved in.

A very sweeping statement, you should work for the Daily Mail.

well a white person would never comit a crime would they !!

russ, you forgot to start off with the old "I'm not racist but...."

well a white person would never comit a crime would they !!

russ, you forgot to start off with the old "I'm not racist but...."

Maybe I am racist. I've certainly found myself becoming a lot more that way inclined in the past few years. But I've probably been brainwashed by the Daily Mail.

i work for a large super store we have had a number of people try to leg it with stock, none since ive been there about 9 months, have been anything but straight up white people.

However my card was done by a asian at a local petrol station, several times now ive refused to be served by him, he looks quite nervous when i do, the manager always asks me why, i simply reply, 'he gives out customers card details' (as there are no cctv cameras in the store looking at the till, so it was him) in a loud voice. They dont really like me in there. Shame its local.