Changes To The General Licence

1 minute ago, JJsDad said:

The old (now revoked) GL04/05 & 06 covered a number of bird specie. The cunning plan as put out initially by Natural England(NE) was that individual licences would be issued in due course for each specie, these would be split into one for damage to livestock and a further one covering crop damage, damage to buildings & health etc. Unless things have changed over the Bank Holiday the only one`s issued are for Carrion Crows - to prevent damage to livestock, Canada Geese to prevent crop damage and Pigeon for the same reason. If this plan continues we could end up with around 32 or more licence`s each covering a bird specie and a reason for taking lethal action.

In the light the responsibility for producing these licence`s is now being handed over to DEFRA and Mr Gove is under pressure to sort the whole sorry debacle out, you might see a bit more common sence applied to producing these licence`s; however I wouldnt hold my breath. At least DEFRA is on a fact finding mission and one can but hope our organisations & associations put in a detailed and factual document as to why the licence`s currently issued are unworkable and unfit for purpose.

Due to this hand over of responsibilty from NE to DEFRA, I wouldnt be surprised if there is not a delay while DEFRA get their collective heads around the mess they have been saddled with and start to study the results of their evidence gathering exercise.

hello, thanks for the info, 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic