A couple of my favorite guns

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

It’s the most unreliable piece of **** I have ever owned. But I will die with it because I am a idiot and it is the most fun you can have behind the wheel.  My gravel driveway has so much oil on it that it’s turning to asphalt.  

I am very envious of your freedoms, I really am. Apart from the small revolver I couldn't identify, I noticed you own a Ruger ( .44 Magnum Blackhawk stainless? ) and what could be either a brass framed BP Remington or Colt copy? 

Before handguns as we know them were banned in mainland UK I had a wide and varied collection, although mostly revolvers. Is hand loading revolver calibre ammo not cheaper than buying it in the USA? I had a Lee Progressive which although at the cheaper end of the reloading market, was great for churning out masses of handgun ammo, and I reloaded for all manner of calibres including .45 ACP ( owned a gorgeous customised 1911 A1) .44 Magnum ( more 'special' than magnum, as though recoil can be fun, it isn't for long! ) .38/357 , .38 S&W for a little S&W classic pistol, and even 9mm Steyr. I never owned a double action 9mm auto as they just didn't appeal to me, although 9mm CZ's were becoming very popular, but they seem to be everywhere now. Would love a SKS! 

Am pleased you're enjoying the Landrover 😂 I have one too. 👍

15 hours ago, Scully said:

I am very envious of your freedoms, I really am. Apart from the small revolver I couldn't identify, I noticed you own a Ruger ( .44 Magnum Blackhawk stainless? ) and what could be either a brass framed BP Remington or Colt copy? 

Before handguns as we know them were banned in mainland UK I had a wide and varied collection, although mostly revolvers. Is hand loading revolver calibre ammo not cheaper than buying it in the USA? I had a Lee Progressive which although at the cheaper end of the reloading market, was great for churning out masses of handgun ammo, and I reloaded for all manner of calibres including .45 ACP ( owned a gorgeous customised 1911 A1) .44 Magnum ( more 'special' than magnum, as though recoil can be fun, it isn't for long! ) .38/357 , .38 S&W for a little S&W classic pistol, and even 9mm Steyr. I never owned a double action 9mm auto as they just didn't appeal to me, although 9mm CZ's were becoming very popular, but they seem to be everywhere now. Would love a SKS! 

Am pleased you're enjoying the Landrover 😂 I have one too. 👍

Yes it is much cheaper.  I just haven’t got around to picking up the dies.   But it goes back to 9mm being dirt cheap.  I can load 357 for about 16cent.  But I can buy 9mm loaded for the same price.  They make 9mm revolvers if that’s your thing.  And as for my 44mag  I can’t get pass the recoil anticipation to shoot it worth a damn.  But I have shot out 3 Glock g19s.   I have shot them so much that I no longer aim.  I can point it.  I have steel 10in gongs out to 65 yards and can hit them with ease and fast follow up shots.  So I stick to what im good at.  I load on a Dillion 650.  Or at least I did.  

A31875ED-0A59-4758-941F-E46D15399876.jpeg

Edited by NoBodyImportant

But now there is a big deescalation of political strife.  With things calm down there is massive ammo sell offs as political unrest seems less likely.  I can get good deals on truck loads of ammo.  Sometimes they have revolvers calibers.  The last truck load I bought had a few thousand 45long Colt.  I don’t own any long colt guns but one day I might.  

9 hours ago, chilly1981 said:

you my friend are living the life this is pretty much what i would love. 
i worked on a lot of DOS and DOD contracts so have a lot on american friends and they always say well move across you'd get your green card easy and then you can have it but i just can't bring my self to part with the green green grass of England

my last contract we had the DD MK18s and i loved it great for getting in and out of wagons all day with and not tripping up and never had any stoppages with it

I'm surprised not to see any of the AR in 7.62 and a designated marksman the set up  or did i miss one of the pictures

I have a few ar10s. But unfortunately 300 yards is the max I can shoot without driving to the public range.  I guess my favorite would be my s&w mp10.  It’s set up with a 3x9 Nikon, I will grab a photo next time I am in the area.  I keep a couple safes at my parents house and I think that’s wear I saw it last.  I’m just don’t shoot it really as I’m into the traditional shooting.  I train with my Dd mk18 but like I said it’s boringly accurate and reliable.  I like the feel of a wood stock and a well worn bolt.  

Here is a insurance picture I took. It’s as been switched to a A2 stock and 12in rail. 

FFA54A91-09AF-4E5E-84FF-49F9DAA030B9.jpeg

5 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Thoroughly loving this thread 👍

Im kind of in my own way over gunned at 13, mix of all, rifles, shotguns and airguns. How many do you think you own total? 

Thanks!  Hard to say really as the are spread out over a few properties.  I’d say more then 150 less then 200.  Mostly pistols and older hunting styles shotguns and rifles,  few modern style rifles.  I need more revolvers.