Hen Harriers

mick miller

12 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

Another claim of a marsh barrier being shot and wounded. This time in Sculthorpe Estate, Norfolk 

All that shows Is an injured bird has been seen, the rest is just guesswork....this is merely more poisonous speculation spread by individuals or organisations with an anti shooting agenda!

Despicable!

i have never seen a harrier decompose but i have seen loads of crows rabbits pheasants etc they melt into the ground pretty sharpish they dont hang around for a detailed examination for a year or so also its always strange how these things are found after grass nettles and sutch have grown over them

This is the perfect storm happening north of the border , which is guaranteed to ensure more shooting restrictions. 

Unfortunately the antis love it , as it fuels their cause to get further restrictions and ultimately get all shooting banned. 

But the rednecks also love it as , they are not getting listened to or licenses to control certain species , so they can legitimise illegal trapping amongst themselves , as they have nothing to lose as they are not getting caught.

My fear is everyday shooters will be the ones to suffer in the long term , most who will have never even set foot on a driven Grouse moor. 

On 02/07/2019 at 09:09, panoma1 said:

How do these RSPB people find all these dead Raptors, in thousands of acres of Grouse moor? Do they know where the spring traps are laid? Do they check them regularly.......these "finds" happen too often to be coincidence! Surely any professional gamekeeper will check his traps at least once a day? And get to the traps before anyone else found/checked them?  Especially if he was trapping something he shouldn't!........it doesn't add up for me? Especially at this time, when there is currently a concerted effort by protectionists, to get driven Grouse shooting banned!

It was around seven months between the date the transmitter allegedly showed the bird stopped moving and the alleged date the decomposed bird was found......so would a gamekeeper not have checked the trap in seven months? 

If the bird was decomposed would it be difficult to identify a cause of death..........it is not beyond the realms of possibility someone from this "raptor monitoring group" placed the trap on the birds leg when it was found (wherever that was??)

In my experience FWIW, It pays to trust very few people, seemingly these days nearly every one and organisation is looking to exploit their situation? Trust needs to be earned?