Funny Squirrel

Shotgun Mike

This happened to me at the weekend,

Imagine you are out magpie shooting, you've got your decoying out feeding on a squirrel you've shot. You've been sitting stock still for about 10 mins when you notice a movement out of the corner of your eye, you slowly turn your head and notice its a squirrel sitting in typical pose. Suddenly it stops and notices the decoy feeding on the squirrel. It starts running towards the decoy and begins to attack it!!

After that it learnt its lesson. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

I was out at the weekend with a mate and we were sitting in a hide waiting for these rooks to come in, and then out of the blue between 60 and 80 yards a squirrel, came out of a tree and sat on a branch a way up, we watched it as we were after the rooks, and it went away, then after no rooks had come it we saw it again at the same distance, this time we went for it, my mate stuck his 10bor out the side of the hid and I stuck my 12bor with two 1’s in it (for lofty crows usually). We both shot at once and the bloody thing fell out of the tree at around 80 yards. Looked like it was dead, but when we got over there it was very much alive, we must has startled it or something, we mannered to get it (you must never let a squirrel get away) :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Shot a rabbit once at about 40yards unfortunatley missed judged the wind and hit it in the chest,anyways the rabbit decided to run in circles until it's mate came running out and attempted to sh*g the poor rabbit,weird or what?

yis andy

I was out with my dad and his mate pigeon shooting and a pigeon came straight into the decoys i shot it and it went down> I thought it was stone dead to my suprise it got up and started walking away so i gave it another shot it had to be dead now> But then about 2 mins later i noticed it walking off again so i left the hide and then made sure it was dead.

the pigeons that day were wearing body armour i think .

I hate them u know if we use plastic feeders for the pheasant feeders they will eat through solid plastic to get at the grain ;) .

Then they get stuck in there and die and go rotten cause a horrible mess when u clean the feeder out if you at the end of the year :thumbs: . Ruddy things

crowstopper

This farmer I know had problems with squirrels stealing walnuts from his trees last year and asked me to do something. I lent him two traps which he positioned on the walls, loaded with walnuts. Virtually every time he checked them, there was one squirrel in each trap.

I shot a squirrel perched in the top of a walnut tree later that month. It came crashing to the ground, then got up and ran off. I shot it again and it carried on. Only after reloading and shooting it practically point blank did it finally stop.