YES OR NO Phasing out Lead

lancer425

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

No one is arguing about why game is shot, but you seem to believe that driven shooting is the work of the devil,  and if it weren’t for driven shooting people would be allowed to carry on using lead and everything in the world would be rosy. It wouldn’t.
WJ oppose the GL’s because they don’t like us shooting birds for sport. You can dress pest control up any way you want, but at the end of the day you’re shooting pigeons for exactly the same reason people shoot pheasants....because you want to. You don’t have to, but you want to. 
Stop playing the holier than thou card, it doesn’t apply in this instance and it’s tedious. 

absolutely not game shooting is a free choice and welcome to it i’m just pointing out exactly how the public and antis see it 

Just now, lancer425 said:

DENIAL ! You use that word a lot . WHAT? WHERE? EXACTLY?

this VERY post for a start let’s have both the main players in the ban on here if there’s no denial or pretence but noooo we don’t want that it could lead the truth then where would we be 

9 minutes ago, clangerman said:

absolutely not game shooting is a free choice and welcome to it i’m just pointing out exactly how the public and antis see it 

Pigeon shooting is free choice also. If it’s not your land YOU don’t need to do it. You’re doing it for fun. 

The antis ( the public opinion is variable ) don’t like you and me shooting pigeons anymore than they like people shooting game; why do you think WJ is attacking the GL’s? Little steps. 

Just now, Scully said:

Pigeon shooting is free choice also. If it’s not your land YOU don’t need to do it. You’re doing it for fun. 

The antis ( the public opinion is variable ) don’t like you and me shooting pigeons anymore than they like people shooting game; why do you think WJ is attacking the GL’s? Little steps. 

my land or not the decision is made by the farmers NOT me as for the antis the main thing you hear is the old rubbish it’s toffs blasting large amounts of birds for fun so the old we go you go thing is worn out 

Just now, clangerman said:

my land or not the decision is made by the farmers NOT me as for the antis the main thing you hear is the old rubbish it’s toffs blasting large amounts of birds for fun so the old we go you go thing is worn out 

😂 Youre hilarious! ! The decision is YOURS, and yours  alone! 
Tell me, why do YOU think WJ is attacking the GL’s? 

4 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

less of the hurtful comments please,

did you fix your car door?

NO somebody else ids fixing it.

And as for hurtful comments, you have spent the last lord know how many posts on this and other threads baiting BASC and rubbing their noses in it for no good reason. Now that i do consider hurtful . hurtful to our sport. BASCs rep as mentioned Slating BASC does no one any favours.

But do you know when to call it a day no you keep on digging regardless, with no real evidence or background to your venting just venting for venting sake.

IF you don’t like what’s been suggested don’t do it, its not a law, Game over. No need to keep on venting.

Got a gripe with them get clanger man and any other supporters get busy get a like minded one of you on the bASC committee get the way it works swapped around . If its popular like you and others say, you will breeze on home, turn BASC around until its ????   PROPERLY RUN.

10 minutes ago, clangerman said:

this VERY post for a start let’s have both the main players in the ban on here if there’s no denial or pretence but noooo we don’t want that it could lead the truth then where would we be 

There is no ban . And what truth.?

1 minute ago, Scully said:

😂 Youre hilarious! ! The decision is YOURS, and yours  alone! 
Tell me, why do YOU think WJ is attacking the GL’s? 

i discussed the pea situation with a farmer today had i said i’m not going to shoot them he would say fine i will get someone else in BUT if i’m on a peg and shoot no birds it’s fine because that decision IS mine to make the keeper won’t tell me he will get somebody else 

8 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

And as for hurtful comments, you have spent the last lord know how many posts on this and other threads baiting BASC and rubbing their noses in it for no good reason. Now that i do consider hurtful . hurtful to our sport. BASCs rep as mentioned Slating BASC does no one any favours.

But do you know when to call it a day no you keep on digging regardless, with no real evidence or background to your venting just venting for venting sake.

IF you don’t like what’s been suggested don’t do it, its not a law, Game over. No need to keep on venting.

Got a gripe with them get clanger man and any other supporters get busy get a like minded one of you on the bASC committee get the way it works swapped around . If its popular like you and others say, you will breeze on home, turn BASC around until its ????   PROPERLY RUN.

there’s a simple solution don’t call for a VOLUNTARY ban that WILL at some point affect my shooting stick to messing with your members shooting as for the ban basc lied it’s that simple and if they don’t like it they can sue me for slander and i welcome every view gripe whine or opinion because everyone is entitled to give one if you don’t like it don’t engage with them but don’t tell people to keep quite because you don’t like their voice 

19 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

are you on BASC council?,if not you should be as you seem to know all the answers to every question asked on and you want lead banned,the perfect candidate

23 minutes ago, clangerman said:

i discussed the pea situation with a farmer today had i said i’m not going to shoot them he would say fine i will get someone else in BUT if i’m on a peg and shoot no birds it’s fine because that decision IS mine to make the keeper won’t tell me he will get somebody else 

Your logic is ridiculous!😃 I’m not really sure how much simpler I can make this for you, cos it’s obviously not getting through! 
YOU shoot birds ( pigeons ) because YOU enjoy it....that’s all there is to it. Yes, the farmer would just get someone else if you didn’t want to do it, but you ( just like me ) do it because you enjoy it to the extent you don’t want the farmer to get someone else.

If you’re standing on a peg and tell the keeper you aren’t going to shoot any birds, then again, that’s your choice, but believe you me, that keeper couldn’t care less cos you’ve already paid! 😂
You really do need to think things through. 
You still haven’t told me why WJ is attacking the GL’s.

Edited by Scully

10 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

are you on BASC council?,if not you should be as you seem to know all the answers to every question asked on and you want lead banned,the perfect candidate

Go back through all of my posts on PW ever, and find us one post i ever said i wanted Lead Banning.?

You are not lying , your just being economical with the truth. But you are  good at that i must admit. But for now! JUMP TO IT SOLDIER find us this Lancer 425 Lets ban Lead post. Bring it on. .

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

Go back through all of my posts on PW ever, and find us one post i ever said i wanted Lead Banning.?

You are not lying , your just being economical with the truth. But you are  good at that i must admit. But for now! JUMP TO IT SOLDIER find us this Lancer 425 Lets ban Lead post. Bring it on. .

you are not economical with anything just full on bull****:good:

24 minutes ago, clangerman said:

there’s a simple solution don’t call for a VOLUNTARY ban that WILL at some point affect my shooting stick to messing with your members shooting as for the ban basc lied it’s that simple and if they don’t like it they can sue me for slander and i welcome every view gripe whine or opinion because everyone is entitled to give one if you don’t like it don’t engage with them but don’t tell people to keep quite because you don’t like their voice 

BASC did not lie. You need to bring a lot more evidence to the table before it could ever be called a lie.

Your views are your views, speak as you think you must, but your doing nobody least yourself ant favours. But carry on.

I am curious about this one though. what makes you think BASC/ orgs  suggestion has sealed the fate of lead so thoroughly. ?

10 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

you are not economical with anything just full on ********:good:

You have not got time to slag me off .  you need to get busy find my lets ban lead post. :sneaky2:

6 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

BASC did not lie. You need to bring a lot more evidence to the table before it could ever be called a lie.

Your views are your views, speak as you think you must, but your doing nobody least yourself ant favours. But carry on.

I am curious about this one though. what makes you think BASC/ orgs  suggestion has sealed the fate of lead so thoroughly. ?

because BASC fought against the anti lead brigade when they were preaching how toxic lead was but now BASC are now in agreement with the anti lead brigade so why shouldn't lead be banned in the very near future,there's no one to fight for it?,no one can defend it now!

Edited by andrewluke

3 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

because BASC fought against the anti lead brigade when they were preaching how toxic lead was but now BASC are now in agreement with the anti lead brigade so why shouldn't lead be banned in the very near future,there's no one to fight for it?,no one can defend it now!

But Lead is not banned. Its a voluntary transition from lead in live quarry NOT A BAN.

Legislation will still have to be negotiated. Who knows how the final outcome will be and for what.

Lead will go ultimately, but for what and when is very much a moot point, and probably starting in five years time, rather than sooner without the sensible approach suggested by the orgs.

2 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

But Lead is not banned. Its a voluntary transition from lead in live quarry NOT A BAN.

Legislation will still have to be negotiated. Who knows how the final outcome will be and for what.

Lead will go ultimately, but for what and when is very much a moot point, and probably starting in five years time, rather than sooner without the sensible approach suggested by the orgs.

it's not upto BASC when lead is banned,but i bet they have started the ball rolling,haven't heard much from the anti lead brigade yet but they are probably on it right now(quietly) and are going to hit shooters with a bang,with Basc not defending lead it will be banned before five years is up,all the orgs have said it's toxic,where's the argument ??

3 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

it's not upto BASC when lead is banned,but i bet they have started the ball rolling,haven't heard much from the anti lead brigade yet but they are probably on it right now(quietly) and are going to hit shooters with a bang,with Basc not defending lead it will be banned before five years is up,all the orgs have said it's toxic,where's the argument ??

Where did anyone say it was bascs decision to ban Lead.?

And why wouldnt the government want to let just such a transition as suggested happen What is to gain.?

WJ are not going to challenge this, it would get no air time with the government, we have way bigger things to deal with than this. My guess is they would be pleased with our progress and responsible attitude to our sport. not try to hang us from the nearest tree.

No i think this is to everyones long term benefit.

Lead is toxic we have sales options that could add vigour to any pending bird release challenges. its a good thing to be supporting i feel. But YOMV. In which case just carry on regardless.

7 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

Lead has been regarded as toxic for quite some time. It’s whether that toxicity has a measurable negative effect which will lead to it being restricted and what form those restrictions might take which are the issues.

2 minutes ago, Konor said:

Lead has been regarded as toxic for quite some time. It’s whether that toxicity has a measurable negative effect which will lead to it being restricted and what form those restrictions might take which are the issues.

And i think its highly unlikely given our organisations suggestion, that any Lead restrictions will be looked at until sometime after our proposed transition period is up on five years. Its at this point we make sure if we are going to negotiate and on exactly what?

It could be that given the broad reach of the proposal, that as with Lead in petrol, lead might be still legal in some old muzzle loaders or breach loaders etc that are genuinely deemed unsuitable for many non Lead shots. Bismuth is however just one old gun friendly shot in bore to bore contact. So perhaps that’s wishful thinking. But the time to start looking at this is five years down the road, and gives up time to get well and truly ready.